The Upcoming Adventures thread

Tenchuu

First Post
I run a swordmage in this game, so it would be best if the marking doesn't overlap. It was difficult working with a Warden, but I think Brenwar has enough non-marking powers that we could both take turns marking a solo, depending on which is more advantageous for the situation.

Also, I think if we could get a slayer, I could protect him/her with my marking quite well.

renau1g

First Post
A swordmage could be great with a warden if the warden focused on lock down powers (like Form of Winter's Herald or Treacherous Ice) while the Swordmage keeps the enemy marked. It can take an OA from the warden to go after the swordmage or trigger the mark by attack the warden (which is kind of a waste anyways with those mountains of hp they have).

Against a solo the swordmage likely has a better mark than a paladin as the small amounts of damage (relatively speaking for a solo's hp amount) from violating the paladin mark isn't much of a deterrent, but the damage mitigation from the swordmage is always fantastic.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
In Land Ho, Tenchuu is living this dream, though it took him [and Theroc] a while to figure out how best to do it. If the marks are uncoordinated, it can turn into a big mess resulting in a lot of retcons.

BTW: Tenchuu has expressed frustration with this combo. Feel free to offer him tips.

renau1g

First Post
Well, it depends on the typical combats for the adventure. Usually in my own adventures I really try to avoid having one "front" line as it's far too easy for the defender that way. I try to use larger battlefields, different attack angles, monsters with mobility to avoid melee folks, etc. In that type of situation multiple defenders are fine as they can easily go to one of the "fronts" and hold off the monsters. In Tenchuu's game another defender would be fine,there's only Kruk and as right now, he can be holding one area, and the monsters can get around to go after the more squishy folks (Kane to the rescue ;)).

So in larger battlefields, multiple defenders can easily work well together, we have three in my Night at the Four Seasons game, so far (in only two combats) it's worked ok I think.

If I was the swordmage, I'd take advantage of the mobility I have and the ability to ranged mark and not have to engage my target. So.... swordmage takes on any lurkers, skirmishers, and can go after artillery, while the paladin can cover the soldier, or brutes...

just a thought.

Rapida

First Post
a paladin as the small amounts of damage (relatively speaking for a solo's hp amount) from violating the paladin mark isn't much of a deterrent
This is easily one of the most annoying things as a paladin. Brenwar tries to make up for it with a lot of healing and leader type powers.

Remove ads