D&D 5E The Village of Forest green - free resource

transtemporal

Explorer
I like it, particularly like the "things he/she might say".

The presence of high level NPCs might eclipse the PCs though. If Jaddith for example, does nothing in a low level orc attack on the village, then they find out he's megatough in a later adventure, the conversation will go something like this:
PCs: "Hey wait Jaddith, if you're so tough, why didn't you help us in the orc attack?"
Jaddith: "It was not the right time to reveal myself, larger schemes were afoot"
PCs: "People died in that attack bro, you could've killed all those orcs yourself."
Jaddith: "It wasn't the.. um, right time... revealing myself would've only bought greater ruin upon the village uh, yeah..."
PCs: "Dick move bro, dick move."

Vostromo

First Post
transtemporal: heh.. Well, firstly i mention in the preparation section that some of the NPC's should be removed if they are not suitable for your play. Just a standard DM call really. I view Jaddith as someone out of step with the surrounding area, almost like an ethereal presence. His goals and ideals are on a different level to the others in the village. Have another read of his description and you will see that he would just ignore the orc attack and the players as well! They just do not register as things he would be bothered about. I hope you get some use out of the material though. :)

CrusaderX: thank you for comments.

Winterfell: I mention in the work a couple more i have planned. :)

Blackwarder

Adventurer
First of all, great job kudos!

Some layout issues:
A. Font is awfull, at least in the iPad but I imagine it will be as bad on any screen, don't know about printing it out.
B. Try arranging the text in two columns instead of those wall of text.

Warder

Vostromo

First Post
Blackwarder: Thanks for your imput. I'm quite old fashioned in some of my tastes. :)

Saying that i've just looked at it on my ipad...might have to change that.

Last edited:

This is a cool quiet little village. Of course, because of the name it also comes with a possible sinister back story. Once upon a time, this quiet little village was called Crystal Lake......:p

(Horror fans should get the reference)

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
bedir than: Time is my big enemy i cannot foresee everything unfortunately. There comes a point where being a DM comes into play. :) i hope you get something from the resource anyway.

I understand that, for sure. I may be borrowing this for use in my home campaign. The group has left the small city where their first adventures originated and are now settling outside of a fort town. This would work.

I'll need to change racial distribution as my world doesn't have elves or dwarves, yet. What I'm going to do is reproduce my quick reference card for the lands I've developed for Village of Forest Green for both how it is as written and then how it is in my campaign. I think I'll have this by Tuesday.

Last edited:

Tanaka Chris

First Post
Jaddith: Why do you think you ONLY faced that number? I was holding back the Horde, a man can only be at one place at a time so it was *insert deity's name*'s blessing that you were around to avert the disaster.

Remove ads