The Walking Dead 2.10 - 18 Miles (spoilers)

Lhorgrim

Explorer
Just a bit of speculation about the officers at the public works facility:

In many Southern communities the "public works" facility is where the city or county stores trucks and heavy equipment for road crews. It often includes a garage/workshop to do maintenance on that equipment and a generator to keep it running during severe weather/power outages. Because the equipment is expensive, most communities secure the public works area with a fence of some sort. I can see that being a place the local government would use as a redoubt in the beginnings of a zombie apocalypse.

I saw the patrol motorcycle, but I also saw two police cruisers (one with the door slightly ajar?). The uniforms of the zombie officers look more like regular patrol than motorcycle uniforms, but its hard to say for certain.

I was surprised that Rick and Shane didn't loot the officers' gun belts and cruisers immediately. Rick had just made a point about using knives, so I would think being able to score some more ammo would be an easy call.

I'm really enjoying this season now that we've moved past the hunt for Sophia.

Fast Learner

First Post
So they're as dumb as you programmed them to be? How surprising...

Point is, if the question is "you made a noise and zombies move towards noise, so why didn't the zombies get you then" then the answer is "moving towards noise doesn't necessarily get you there". As you note, they definitely change intelligence, but one perfectly valid answer is that the geography of the building interior may have kept them from getting to you while you were making noises outside but making a noise inside/at one particular point in the building may have allowed them to re-path and get to you.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Methinks the level of zombie intellect in this series rises and falls at the pace of plot :)
I don't mind the variability in intelligence. If their brains are decaying, one would expect that they would all be in different states of decay. And in general, brain damage affects different people differently.

Their physical attributes (speed, strength, dexterity) also seem to vary, which throws me a little more.

I enjoyed the episode. Definitely can't complain about lack of action in this one. The walker in the field was also an endearing image.

Richards

Legend
I don't know, if I were Rick and engaging in a fist-fight with Shane, and during the course of the fight he not only threw a heavy wrench at my head but also pulled my own gun out of its holster, I'd have shot him in the head the first chance I got and never looked back.

Johnathan

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I don't know, if I were Rick and engaging in a fist-fight with Shane, and during the course of the fight he not only threw a heavy wrench at my head but also pulled my own gun out of its holster, I'd have shot him in the head the first chance I got and never looked back.

So you'd shoot in the head with no regrets your best friend of many years, your partner on the job and your best man at your wedding over a fistfight?

Man, I'm glad I'm not your friend.

So you'd shoot in the head with no regrets your best friend of many years, your partner on the job and your best man at your wedding over a fistfight?

Are you sure? That's what he does to a friend, what will he do to an acquintance, a random stranger, or an enemy?! :eek:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
As far as "programed zombies" we know that they respond to sound AND smell, that broken window was "a breath of fresh meat" to them.

As far as "not a mark on the dead guys" I think this goes back to some thoughts why cars were piled up on the interstate...gas attack...they were trying anything and everything to stop the spread.

Spoiler...
[sblock]everyone is a carrier, you don't have to be bit or cut, you just have to die! This was the CDC guy told Rick.[/sblock]

Last edited:

NewJeffCT

First Post

well, he also slept with Rick's wife and may or may not be the father of the baby that Lori is carrying.

I'm sure there have been a few shootings/killings over the centuries over infidelity.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
well, he also slept with Rick's wife and may or may not be the father of the baby that Lori is carrying.

I'm sure there have been a few shootings/killings over the centuries over infidelity.
Under the circumstances I'd be cool with it if I was Rick. I mean, come on, end of the world, your mate tried his best, thought you'd died (put his head to his chest and didn't hear a heartbeat) and then has the responsibility of keeping his best friend's wife and child safe.

There are few human beings alive who, plunged together in those circumstances, fighting for survival, who are both reasonably attractive, who WOULDN'T sleep together. It's just human nature.

I wouldn't be pissed about the situation 'cause it's understandable how things went down. What I WOULD be pissed about, however, is any CONTINUING relationship or shenanigans.

Remove ads