The Walking Dead 2.10 - 18 Miles (spoilers)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Under the circumstances I'd be cool with it if I was Rick. I mean, come on, end of the world, your mate tried his best, thought you'd died (put his head to his chest and didn't hear a heartbeat) and then has the responsibility of keeping his best friend's wife and child safe.

There are few human beings alive who, plunged together in those circumstances, fighting for survival, who are both reasonably attractive, who WOULDN'T sleep together. It's just human nature.

I wouldn't be pissed about the situation 'cause it's understandable how things went down. What I WOULD be pissed about, however, is any CONTINUING relationship or shenanigans.

And I took it Rick was okay with it (or understood it) until Shane kept trying to keep the relationship going. Shane's biggest problem, always wanting what Rick has.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Under the circumstances I'd be cool with it if I was Rick. I mean, come on, end of the world, your mate tried his best, thought you'd died (put his head to his chest and didn't hear a heartbeat) and then has the responsibility of keeping his best friend's wife and child safe.

There are few human beings alive who, plunged together in those circumstances, fighting for survival, who are both reasonably attractive, who WOULDN'T sleep together. It's just human nature.

I wouldn't be pissed about the situation 'cause it's understandable how things went down. What I WOULD be pissed about, however, is any CONTINUING relationship or shenanigans.

well, Lori & Shane barely waited for Rick's body to get cold before they started doing it, it seems... if a decent amount of time had passed, I'd have been okay with it. But, how long was Rick in a coma for - a month? How long after Shane left Rick in the hospital did he start putting the moves on Lori?

Fast Learner

First Post
End of the world, though, seriously. If you not only think your husband/friend is dead but there's an extremely strong chance that you, too, will be dead any day now, it seems perfectly fine to me.

Richards

Legend
Don't get me wrong, I think what happened between Lori and Shane when they both thought Rick was dead was perfectly understandable, and easily forgivable as long as it's a done deal and no longer going on.

But yes, if I'm fistfighting with my friend to try to knock some sense into him, and he tries KILLING ME by throwing a heavy wrench at my head, and later GRABS MY GUN - presumably to use on me, because once I'm dead Lori, Carl, and my unborn child are his, in his eyes - then I don't really care that he was my "best friend of many years, [my] partner on the job and [my] best man at [my] wedding."

Like Captain Malcolm Reynolds says, "If somebody tries to kill you, you kill them right back."

Johnathan

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Mal would also have the wherewithal to realise when someone is being seriously dangerous or just an idiot with rage issues. Shane could've hit Rick with that wrench if he'd really wanted to but I thought it was pretty obvious he was aiming high and throwing it out of rage and frustration, not deadly intent.

Remove ads