The Walking Dead 4.1 "30 Days Without an Accident" (spoiler alert)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Interesting show last night - 6-7 months have passed and Rick is now a farmer growing vegetables and raising pigs. Slow start, but a lot of set-up for later in the season. I wonder how the teenage kid that looks like Harry Potter got infected? If he was infected by eating bad pork, how many others are also infected?

Interesting reaction from Beth on the death of her "new" boyfriend.

For the preview of next week they showed on The Walking Dead - who is feeding the rats to the walkers outside the fence? And, is that how the pig died?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder how the teenage kid that looks like Harry Potter got infected? If he was infected by eating bad pork, how many others are also infected?

You can interpret it several ways. The simplest is swine flu. Passes from pig to human. Kid gets the flu, dies of it (pretty common when you don't have modern medicine), or just gets a really high fever and collapses and bashes his head on that concrete floor, and reanimates.

Plot hole - one of the major characters is a veterinarian, and should have been on top of a pig dying, and anyone else showing symptoms.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
They really should have spent more time reinforcing the perimeter. Chain link fences aren't really swarm proof as the preview shows.

I'm not a fan of the prison plan, and I thought last season bore the design flaws out.

Governor Town had done a better job of securing the perimeter and keeping the zombies out.

NewJeffCT

First Post
They really should have spent more time reinforcing the perimeter. Chain link fences aren't really swarm proof as the preview shows.

I'm not a fan of the prison plan, and I thought last season bore the design flaws out.

Governor Town had done a better job of securing the perimeter and keeping the zombies out.

Agreed that they should have reinforced the perimeter more, but they did put supports up against the outer fence, as well as a metal gate where the "front" door was located.

I wonder if they spent time clearing out the other cell blocks at all? Remember last season, they had only cleared out one cell block out of 3 or 4.

NewJeffCT

First Post

Agreed that they should have reinforced the perimeter more, but they did put supports up against the outer fence, as well as a metal gate where the "front" door was located.

I wonder if they spent time clearing out the other cell blocks at all? Remember last season, they had only cleared out one cell block out of 3 or 4.

NewJeffCT

First Post
You can interpret it several ways. The simplest is swine flu. Passes from pig to human. Kid gets the flu, dies of it (pretty common when you don't have modern medicine), and reanimates.

Plot hole - one of the major characters is a veterinarian, and should have been on top of a pig dying, and anyone else showing symptoms.

Good point on the plot hole with Hershel being a veterinarian.

My guess is that the guy feeding rats to the walker put a half-eaten rat into the pig's feed and the kid ate the bad pork and got zombie fever and died. I think his illness was a bit too quick for swine flu, and he was vomiting blood in the shower there, too.

Janx

Hero

Dunno. I suspect that killing zombies is hard work. And being down south, it's hot, and thus even harder work.

So I reckon, I would rather lock off other cell blocks (which is easy in a prison) than clear them. Figure you got time/resources to clear one main effort.

I'd be clearing the fences, as it is weaker, and subject to more stress.

I'm wary of how much fence line they got to protect, as well. While I like having a big open area to egress through, that fence is a heck of a long wall to maintain.

I don't know why they can't catch a break with the zombie horde. They are out in the middle of nowhere, and yet again, the zombie mass has found them.

I blame Carl.

Remove ads