• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Glaive
[SBLOCK]
Yeah, I looked up that bit about the warlock powers before he cast it. Your shatter spell also still works since the target is outside the silence field. If the crystal was also in range of the silence spell, I would probably say any sonic attacks would fail.

I was just running low on spells to cast... ;)
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Enough of this," Doral whispers to himself as he steps forward and touches Kraken between his shoulder blades. "My friend, welcome to the Quickening."

OOC: Cast haste on Kraken.

Shayuri

First Post
Dragon...inhaling...oh no...

"Everyone spread out!"

As her magical power began to ebb, Whisper grabbed at the dragonshard in her pouch and drew on its power as she cast another spell, adding its force to her own. Another flurry of magical missiles erupted from her hands, this time considerably larger and brighter than before!

She then dashed away, at an angle from the dragon's head, trying to get to one side so that it couldn't hit her and other party members in a single blast!

(Another Magic Missile, but this time using that Empowerment shard. 3d4+3 +50%, targeting the crystal, or, if the crystal is not a valid target for MM, then the spellcaster that cast Silence. Movement is a bit abstract sans map, but basically she's trying to get "inside" the cone effect, to one side of the dragon's head...or failing that, just to isolate herself as well as possible.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken hesitates momentarily. That thing, the dragon head, was going to spew forth Storm knew what any second, but if he tackled it now the cultists would be free to attack the spellcasters. Setting his jaw grimly, Kraken keeps up his assault on the guard. His first attack is clumsy as he is surprised by his own speed, the second strike more on target.

[sblock=OOC]
Attack 1d20+10=15, damage 2d4+4=10, Second attack 1d20+10=17 damage 2d4+4=9

Effects: Bless, Haste
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

((OOC: Sorry! Thought I'd posted for this round))

Midian finds himself torn between protecting those who can still affect the undead creature and trying to get out of the way himself. He chooses the former. Even as he can feel his summoned Thoqqua blink out of existence, he sets to with his shortspear against the guard.

[sblock=OOC]

Thoqqua attack; damage; burn, final summoned round. (1d20+4=7, 1d6+3=5, 2d6=7)

Shortspear attack (bless, flanking); damage. (1d20+8=13, 1d6+1=7)[/url]

and let's add [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2577294/]Action Point (1d6=5) to Midian's attack roll.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the long delay, I forgot to take my laptop with me this weekend, and when I sat down here today to update I realized I had lost my flash drive with all my notes >.<
I'm going to recreate some of the content tonight and will update tomorrow morning.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Empowered by Doral's magic Kraken is almost a blur as he moves forward to engage the guard once again. Working together, Kraken and Midian attack the guard. Unable to defend from both sides at once he throws himself at Kraken in a desperate bid to take him down with him. Midian's spear pierces his back while Kraken's downward swung blade catches him in the front. The man falls to the ground with one last cry of pain.
Whisper darts past the cluster of her companions, calling out a warning as she passes. The remaining cultist in the robe screams in almost inhuman rage as his companion goes down. Whirling on Whisper, he casts a spell causing his hands to become coated with a nimbus of thick, oily black smoke. He reaches out and tries to touch her with it but he misses the nimble sorceress.
Glaive stands his ground and blasts the crystal once again. Along with the Thoqqua's damage his efforts have reduced the crystal to almost a third of its former size. The massive skeletal head gapes its jaws wide and exhales. A cone of black fire and clinging black goo sprays outward from the jaws. The blast catches Midian, Doral, and Kraken where they stand over the fallen guard.

OOC: 18 fire and negative energy damage, DC15 Reflex for half. Don't forget your save bonuses for protection from evil.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral rolls out of the way and backwards again into the tunnel, but not before crying out as he is badly seared.

[sblock]
OOC: 9 hit points of damage, as save was made...
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Hurting badly, he takes a swig of one of his potions.

[sblock]
Cure light wounds potion heals six hit points. Is this swig of my potion the end of my next turn?
Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian breathes slightly easier as the guard falls, and is ready to turn his attention to the final priest when the maws of the dragon head spew forth its vile contents. Perhaps it's the remnants of his animal speed, but whatever the cause, the druid finds he's far quicker and more nimble than usual, managing to flatten himself against the ground, taking the burning breath only on his back.

As he rights himself, he mutters something under his breath, reaching behind himself to touch part of the burn, which nearly heals at his touch.

[sblock=OOC]Natural 20 on the save :)
Reflex save vs. damage. (1d20+6=26)

Then going ahead with a CLW into the next round (5' step if need be to keep him away from the remaining priest):

Cure Light Wounds (self) (1d8+5=7)[/sblock]

Remove ads