The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken swings his blade again, carving apart the cultists back. The man wavers, a gurgling cry dying on his lips. In unison, Whisper and Midian lunge forward and transfix him from both directions with the points of their weapons. When they pull free the man drops limply to the ground, his unholy symbol clattering out of his hand.

Doral and Glaive target the skeletal head as it pulls free from the wall. Their magics strike the crystal hard, sending more shards flying. The creature gapes its jaws wide and surges forward. Its ectoplasmic tentacles drag it forward with frightening speed. Teeth as long as a forearm slam together with crushing force. They penetrate deep into his chest and lift him clear of the ground as the skeletal head raises itself up.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Glaive - You are no longer silenced. The death of the cultist ended his spell.
Dragon Bite Attack vs Glaive (1d20+10=28, 1d10+4=8) -1 for DR
Dragon Grapple check vs Glaive Grapple (1d20+20=24, 1d20+6=7)

With Glaive in its mouth, you can no longer see the crystal to target it. [/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Finale Rd6.jpg
    Finale Rd6.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive growls in the grip of the creature, surprised to hear his voice again. He concentrates... suddenly there is a second glaive, outside the maw, there the old one still struggles...

[sblock=ooc]

Use flee the scene invocation. Dimension door to other side of the cave. The Glaive in the maw is an illusory double, that disappears next round.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"There will be a pay bonus for this.... there will be a pay bonus for this.... there will be a pay bonus for this...." Doral whispers over and over to himself like a chant as he raises his wand and fires once again.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The dragon skull finishes swallowing Glaive's double before it turns around to face its attackers. Midian's spear hits a spur of bone and goes wide without doing any serious damage. Kraken leaps to attack the skull and manages to sever a ligament and fracture a piece of bone. The fossilized material seems quite resistant to damage. Doral and Whisper coordinate their next volley of magic missiles to devastating effect. The bolts of energy strike the creature in either eye sockets, sending fragments of bone flying in all directions.
The creature lets out another fearsome cry and slams its jaws down hard on Kraken. Its arm length fangs pierce him through as it lifts him off the ground.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Dragon Attack, Damage, Grapple, Kraken's grapple resist check (1d20+10=19, 1d10+4=13, 1d20+20=38, 1d20+7=9)
I have Kraken's AC at 18, +2 for protection from evil, and +1 for haste. Anything else that I'm missing that would up it some more? If not, you're bit for 13 points and grappled in the creatures mouth.

After DR, Kraken's did 9 points of damage and the combined magic missile damage was 20 points.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
One last blood-flecked swear word on his lips, Kraken goes limp in the creature's jaws.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm assuming that this thing is either construct or undead, so the critical was no good. DR10? And obviously not bypassed by magic. Yikes!

Anyway, no extra AC that I can see. Kraken's down to -6 hp, I think. If the thing doesn't chew him up, I'd like to spent the APs to stabilise.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I would like to go near Kraken and use my teleport invocation again to get hom out of the maw. Do I need a touch attack check or anything?
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Only DR5, but yes it does count as undead so unfortunately the crit didn't help.

As for Glaive, since Kraken isn't moving I'd say you can just move, touch him, and teleport without a roll. No AoO since the creature is grappling.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads