• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 40/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Knowing he cannot stop now, Glaive's mouth still moves and the crystal gets damaged, the vile words felt, but not heard.

[sblock=ooc]

Shatter effect on crystal.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken ducks and rolls, coming up steaming but still with a manic gleam to his eyes. He darts forwards at the priest, now left without a defender. Again his falchion slices through the air with un-natural speed, but the strikes are clumsy.
[sblock=OOC]
Am I right in thinking that this priest is the last enemy, barring the dragon head?

Also, I had Resist Energy (fire) running when we were in the heart chamber, duration 30 mins. Is this still active?

Reflex 1d20+5=24
(+1 Prot. from Magic, +1 Haste)

Attacking priest.
Attack #1 1d20+10=14, Damage #1 2d4+4=10; Attack #2 1d20+10=15, Damage #2 2d4+4=8
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
(OOC - Did Whisper cast her empowered magic missiles? No mention of it in the update.)

OOC: Yes, sorry, I forgot to include that part when writing the round wrap up description. I did remember to roll it and add it to the tally of damage to the crystal though.

Dr Simon said:
Also, I had Resist Energy (fire) running when we were in the heart chamber, duration 30 mins. Is this still active?
Yes, I'd say it would still be going. So with a successful save and the protection, you only take a quarter of the total, so 4 points of negative energy damage.

Deuce Traveler said:
Cure light wounds potion heals six hit points. Is this swig of my potion the end of my next turn?
Yes, you said you were moving and drawing a potion while doing so, then drinking it is your standard action.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Here is the updated map. I finally found my flash drive!

Attachments

• Finale R5.jpg
    Finale R5.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 48

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The billowing black flames and inky smoke clears leaving behind a shower of sparks. The group scatters in its wake to stay clear of the dangerous creature. Dorel backs into the cloud of darkness filling the tunnel. Groping blindly at his belt, he pulls a glass bottle free and downs the contents. Immediately the pain of his burns ebbs as the healing spreads over him. Midian nimbly leaps back to his feet after the blast passed over him, using some of his own healing magic to restore his minor injuries. Glaive stood well clear of the blast but even so he was close enough to feel the heat wave spreading out from hit. Flinging out his arm once more he continues to shout words only heard in the hellish underworld at the creature.
Whisper at the remaining priest face off against one another. Her magical reserves nearly exhausted, she draws her dagger and extends her free hand at him. She manages to conjure up a minor burst of acidic energy into the mans twisted face. He screams as he charges forward and presses his hand to her chest. The roiling, black mass leaps from his skin to her body and sinks into her skin. A hideous blue and black bruise forms where his head touched her. Kraken moves in behind the man who is focused fully on Whisper now. His great blade carves into the mans back twice, cutting to the bone. The man cries out in sudden pain under the attack.

The stone wall behind the skull suddenly gives way under the strain. The straining dragons head finally escapes its millenia old stone tomb. It supports itself now on a fringe of psuedo-fleshy tendrils radiating from the back of its head like a frill. A trail of vertebrae dangles behind it, dragging across the stone. The flesh has stopped spreading across its face, leaving the bone partially exposed. It clumsily rotates its bulk to face Glaive and roars once more.

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
As the jaws open to emit the ear-splitting roar, you catch another glimpse of the badly damaged crystal. The nimbus of chaotic energy around it is clear, but the crystal is now the calm center of the storm. A single eye seems to be superimposed over the surface. Its inhuman gaze is focused on you.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Flanking bonus with Whisper means both of Kraken's attacks hit. Also, if I remember right Haste is now 1 person/level, so Dorel could have done 6 people. If you want to change it to everyone, go ahead and add the bonuses for the next round. Looking back it hasn't changed any of the hits or saves that I can see.

Whisper - Takes 4 damage from Inflict Light Wounds. I have your AC at 12 + 2 for protection from evil and +1 for haste. If I'm missing anything let me know.
touch + dmg (1d20+3=15, 1d8+3=4)
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Whisper at the remaining priest face off against one another. Her magical reserves nearly exhausted, she draws her dagger and extends her free hand at him. She manages to conjure up a minor burst of acidic energy into the mans twisted face. He screams as he charges forward and presses his hand to her chest. The roiling, black mass leaps from his skin to her body and sinks into her skin. A hideous blue and black bruise forms where his head touched her. Kraken moves in behind the man who is focused fully on Whisper now. His great blade carves into the mans back twice, cutting to the bone. The man cries out in sudden pain under the attack.

Midian is quick to come to his school-mate's aid, lashing out with his shortspear in an attempt to remove the final distraction from their true enemy, hoping Glaive and the others can destroy the last remnants of the crystal.

[sblock=OOC]Close on priest, then shortspear attack. Don't think there's a flanking position available:

Shortspear attack (bless, haste); damage. (1d20+7=18, 1d6+1=7)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 40/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive tries to warn the others of what he had seen, but the magic silence stops his words. Frustrated and a bit afraid he steps back and focus the vile words another time on the crystal.

[sblock=ooc]

steps back (left) 3 squares on the map.
Shatter effect on crystal.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper curses, realizing she's in grave danger now. She edges around the cleric, trying to flank him with Midian, and darts a quick lunge at him with her dagger!

23 to hit, for 3 damage (possible crit!)
Roll Lookup
Confirm: Natural 1...no crit.

(OOC - Is Whisper -really- out of spells? I admit my bookkeeping has been less than stellar over this long series of encounters, but remember she can always use 2nd level slots to cast 1st level spells if she's down to her last digs...)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the error in the spellcasting. Yes, please make everyone hasted.

IC: Once more, Doral takes his wand and fires another magic missile at what he can still manage to see of the crystal.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
All Player Spells Cast:
[SBLOCK]
Went back to page 37 when you first descended into the valley. It was over a year ago! And our start of this adventure was 5 years ago. Wow, hard to fathom. Anyway, I wrote down all the spells everyone cast so far so you guys can figure out what you have left. I didn't count potions or wands used.

Dorel
Invis Circle - pg 37
Mage Armor x2 - pg38
legion of sentinals - pg42
silence - pg43
haste - pg44
dispel magic - pg45
obscuring mist - pg49
silent image - pg50
sleep - pg51
detect magic - pg55
haste - pg59