The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken crouches down under cover again.

"Reckon you're right," he says. "It's like that little fella with the broom - only does what it's told. If there were living enemies up there I'd be a pair of smoking boots, eh?" He picks up a piece of broken masonry that fits nicely within his hand. "So, this line of triggers, Doral mate. Where and how far?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral
[sblock]
You estimate that the triggers are 75' away from your current position through the rubble strewn street. They lie about 20' before the indentations in the floor. The final set of doors is another 50' beyond that.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says, "I believe I see the triggers for the defenses 75 feet away from us and amongst the rubble, just 20 feet short of the indentations in the floor. The set of doors we want is just 50 feet from that. We should be able to avoid the traps, if we practice care."

OOC: Doral will move forward and try to neutralize the triggers. By turning them off or allowing for him to guide the party through.

Disable Device
[roll0]

Shayuri

First Post
"Are the triggers purely ground-based, I wonder," Whisper muses. "Maybe some of us could fly across and deactivate the system from inside."

jkason

First Post
Weel places a hand on the ground, assessing the materials. "Depending on the make of things, I might be able to earth glide, as well, though I can't take anyone with me in that case," he says. "Wish we'd had a good way to bring the rumbleball with us. Might have come in handy here."

[sblock=ooc]I'm afraid I don't remember: are the streets stone, or steel? [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: The street is made up of concrete on the surface of the ship. The internal structure is all steel. Most of the buildings, warehouses, and towers on the surface are steel reinforced concrete.

Doral moves up to attempt to disarm the traps. He stops near the border of one of the glyphs etched into the ground. Lifting his tools carefully he attempts to disrupt the pattern on the surface. He scratches at the rough surface but his tool slips and cuts across the wrong line. The entire glyph suddenly flares to life; the lines glowing with an ominous red light. Clouds of steam whoosh from the large circles in the floor . Metal gears grind and clank as the the plates iris out of the way. Twin massive steel structures slowly begin to raise up out of the floor. You catch sight of multiple folded limbs wielding an array of fearsome weapons that slowly start to unfold and activate.

OOC: You have 1 round while the mechanism activates to act. The DC failed by 5 or more and activated the system.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Yes, I assumed most of the party was hanging back in the debris while you checked the trap. If Doral runs he could make it back to the group, or double move to reach the intact tower entrance. Or he could stick around and see what happens!

Remove ads