• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whisperers in Darkness

jkason

First Post
Galec Setou

Galec stands, running a hand through his hair and squaring his shoulders as he slowly regains control of himself.

"Color? I couldn't tell you. I only remember a vague reference in an old codex early in my training. I suppose, if the slime is any indication, there's definitely some blue involved, though." He actually cracks a wry grin at the last sentence.

Erekose13

Explorer
Rolls:[sblock]Fort Saev 9
Search 8[/sblock]

Jor takes a look around to try and find any additional clues that might have been left. With a cursory glance she is unable to find anything more, but decides that it would be best to do a more thourough search of the area. The miasma is a little much for her after just a few moments and she retires to a safe distance away. "Egh, that is disgusting. When the nausea has passed she will try to see if she can deduce anything from the clues that have already been gathered.

[ooc: Investigate check fails, fort save fails, unable to take 20 on another investigate check. Will come back when nausea passes.]

(Alastor and Jor, you are both nauseated--essentially you can't do anything except take move actions is what the rules call for, but like Galec, it gives you a chance to roleplay it out. If you leave the stone circle, you can recover after a few rounds, and if you re-enter, you can make a new save.)

Alastor:[sblock]Knowledge Arcana check: You know that some standing stones have more than just druidical properties. Some are also useful in summoning creatures from the various orbiting planes to Eberron itself. You don't know, though, if these stones are that type or not.

Knowledge History check:However, you do know two things about these stones in particular: 1) the local druids do indeed revere this place as sacred to them. There are some that live in a lodge not far from town. If they rever the place, it argues against your suspicion from the other knowledge check, unless the druids themselves are simply mistaken. 2) These stones are very old, and date back to the days of the goblinoid Empire. You'd know the basics of the hobgoblin empire, and how it fell to the daelkyr from Xoriat.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Jor waits a few moments before trying to re-enter the miasma. This time the effect is much stronger and she is forced to move quite aways, emptying her stomach in a most unflattering way. "I don't think I'll be of much help up there. Let me know if you find any clues, I'm just going to catch my breath over here."

OOC: [sblock]
Fort Save 3
She is not going to try again, unless someone finds a clue.[/sblock]

(Ouch! I was going to mention you get a +5 on a second attempt to pass, since you've had a few moments to get acclimated, but that won't help you much. :])

MadMaxim

First Post
Alastor - Human Warmage

Alastor quickly withdraws from the stone circle after having drawn some conclusions. He coughs a little as he pulls the top of his shirt down in order to breathe some fresh air. Then he looks at the others:

"Well, I've come to a couple of conclusions and I think you'll be interested in hearing them. This could very well be a summoning circle for summoning extraplanar creatures to Eberron, but when I come to think of it, this more looks like a sacred place that the local druids revere. As far as I can remember, they have a lodge not far from here."

He takes a deep breath of fresh air before continuing: "What I do know for certain, however, is that these stones date back to the days of the great hobgoblin empire that was here, before humans colonized Khorvaire. They fell to the horrible monstrosities known as the daelkyr from the plane of Xoriat, the plane of madness..."

"Perhaps we should go ask the druids about this place?"

Alastor is extremely eager to get to the bottom of this. There's excitement in his voice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads