• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Correct you may climb back down but as you waste time trying to see if there is a way to stop this you may not make it in time. Especially if you fail your save before your turn to go.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Karolus finds no source of the lights they seem to be coming form everywhere and again from no where. The wind picks up and pushes the man back a few inches, any stronger and it may just be enough to toss him and the others down the tunnel.

As Tac stands frozen in place Dorain quickly tries to come up with a plan for getting down the tunnel and then the wall that doesn't involve falling.

[sblock=OOC] Ok here's what I have so far.

Round 1:
Tac - passes save; tries to disable device
Dorain - fails save; no action allowed
Karolus - passes save; waits to see if Tac succeeds

Round 2:
Tac - passes save; no action posted (guessing still trying)
Dorain - passes save; no action posted (watching and holding breath)
Karolusv - fails save; no action allowed

Round 3:
Tac - fails save; no action allowed
Dorain - passes save; will give you 24 hours to post an action WD
Karolus - passes save; looks for a way to break the trap(none found)

So I need WD to post a round three action and then everyone can post round four actions including WD again. Remeber to make your Will saves to see if you get an action first. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian closes eyes, trying to avoid the magic effect and begins to move slowly backwards, alert to find the rope and to not fall down. "The task seems impossible. Let's get out of here. Who makes it down looks for a way to stop the others from falling!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok that was your round three WD and puts you at the edge of the tunnel ready to climb down.

It is round 4 everyone roll your save and if your allowed to move please post an action.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
Keeping his mind focussed on the task at hand, Karolus moves towards the edge, where he sits and looks for a way to secure himself while the others go down the rope.

--
will save!

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

Dorian begins to climb down... carefully.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Predator's Grace: 4/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

OOC: Apologies. I picked up a nasty chest cold during my trip, which has made focusing a real challenge. Trying to catch up now.

Tac snaps out of his reverie momentarily, bolting for the opening. He braces himself as before to allow the others to climb down the rope still wrapped 'round his waist. "I'm a better climber than the two of you. Take the rope down, and be ready to catch me!" It's unclear if the last is a joke or a demand.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dorian starts down the side of the wall followed quickly by Karolus. When Tac comes to the edge he let's the robe tied around his waist down over the edge and tells them to use it bracing his arms against the tunnel walls as the wind howls around him.

It is not enough as the wind reaches hurricane strength and pushes the rogue out the tunnel, much like a child spitting a watermelon seed out his mouth. Dorian and Karolus watch as they cling to the wall as Tac flies out over them and...

...hits the lantern chain that dangles from the ceiling. Quick Reflex save DC 10 to catch the chain. Don't forget you have Hero points.

jkason

First Post
"Catchitcatchitcatchitcatchit," Tac intones as he goes careening out of the opening. Just barely, he manages to snag his fingers on the chain, holding on for dear life.

"I don't suppose we have several bedrolls we can pile on the ground down there?" he says, trying to keep his voice calm as he hangs precariously from the ceiling.

Last edited:

Remove ads