• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Chain goes down to about 5' from the floor. ;) If everyone else takes 10 on their climb checks you all will make it safely to the ground. Please post yourselves descending and I will advance the thread.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

After successfully descending, Dorian looks at the other for ideas.

After a moment (when all are save) he speaks up: "The danger in the tunnel above lies in being thrown out by the wind while unable to act. Maybe we could glue the trapsmith in position with tanglefootbags? Would it be possible to disarm this trap if one has more time?"

[sblock=OOC]

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Predator's Grace: 4/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

As Tac's head settles from the violent ride, he realizes his position isn't quite as precarious as he thought.

"Ah, right. So, I'll just be climbing down now..." he says. When he's made it to the ground again, he glances up to the wind howling in the passageway above. "Now, surely that must reset at some point, though I have to admit, I'm not sure I could disable it even knowing where the switch is now."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Everyone is safe and only a little bit bruised up. They stand in the greenish light of the crypt as the wind howls in rage above them. Greenish light? Each of you wonder a moment.

"Don't think I saw any green light coming from those eyes did you?"
Karolus asks the others.

[sblock=Note] That is correct everyone remembers seeing a rainbow of lights red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo, and violet come from the hypnotizing eyes. But no green. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Now, that's odd..." Tac says, glancing about the room for the light source with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach and his head still swimming, making focusing on anything problematic at best.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Light source in this room is the green lantern in the northern alcove. The light reflects of the doomed roof and bathes the entire room in a greenish hue. There are 4 other lanterns hanging about the room and one in the PC's possession. [/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"I think the lanterns are a pattern. I don't know why the green one just lit up though... And we appear to need another one," Karolus says

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] This is to make sure everyone is up to speed as it has been awhile since we started this.

- You entered this room by coming down a long flight of steps.
- A green light lit your way and you found it was do to a lantern in this room. The lantern was one of 5 others already hanging from long chains in the room (orange, yellow, green, indigo, violet). Arranged like the colors of the rainbow.
- The group found a blue lantern and are missing the red one.
- The light from the green lantern reflects of the doomed ceiling in the center of the room to cast the light further than normal.
- The face's eyes lit up in a rainbow pattern of light but there was no green.
- The only other apparent way out is the tunnel that you almost died in.
- The sarcophagus in the center of the room is trapped but know one has really taken a good look at it.
[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"I have an..." Karolus goes to the yellow alcove and lights the lantern there.

OOC: Did the rainbow stop already? If not, I think the yellow in it will disappear

Remove ads