• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

[sblock=OOC] What do you use as your light source. There is nothing in it to light.[/sblock]

"Worth a shot, at least. Now, do we think it's light, or fire this might key off?" Not waiting for a response, Tac puts his lit sunrod in the lamp and moves back to the deadly corridor to see what the rainbow pattern seems to be doing.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The sunrod fits inside the long lantern with little trouble(a torch could also). The group moves back to the alcove where the wind still howls,(been only two-three minutes) and notices that one of the rainbow lights has stop issuing forth from the tunnel(which ever light that matches the lantern you put the sunrod in).

Your idea could stop all the lights save for one problem. You have all the lanterns but the red one.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"Very good. The missing red lantern has to be here somewhere. Anyone has an idea where we should search first?"

[sblock=OOC]

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Predator's Grace: 4/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"I think we've already given the room a decent once over. I'm afraid the only place we haven't looked is the trapped sarcophogus..."

OOC: At least, I think we've already searched the rest of the room. If we haven't, I'd start there. Otherwise, Tac has a +9 in Disable Device. Not sure if you want me to roll that, HM, or if you want to roll in secret.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tac gives the sarcophagus another good once over to be sure of this trap and notices something new.

The arrow like dais it sits on (and currently pointing at the orange alcove) rotates clockwise. It is on some type of pivot and by the scuff marks on the floor it could be moved easily.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"Huh," Tac says, stooping down to point to the scuff marks on the floor. "Maybe we don't have to open this. It looks like the arrow here can turn. Maybe pointing it in another direction will open something up for us. Someone want to lend me a shoulder?" the engineer says, moving into place to try shifting the sarcophogus.

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorian Greenleaf

"Karolus and I can hold a shield between us to provide you with a more stable platform. Obad-Hai guide your eyes and hands."

[sblock=OOC]

Guidance on Tac.

---

Dorian Greenleaf

HP: 13/13
Hero Points: 2/2

Channel Energy: 4/4
Predator's Grace: 4/5
Enlarge: 5/5

Ini: +2 - AC: 20
CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
Cantrips:
0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group moves the arrow clockwise across the floor till it points at the yellow lantern alcove and stops with an audible click.

They look about and then hear the sound of stone scraping stone as a large round tube advances up from the floor inside the alcove. When it reaches a little over eight feet it stops and turns revealing a hollowed out area that looks like it could hold one person inside.

Inside the hollowed area of the tube are two glyphs carved out of some strange glossy black stone. Each at about chest height and two feet apart.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads