The World of Kong Version 2.0 - FINISHED 12/17/06

Raven Crowking

First Post
Shade said:
I've finally found the time to watch my King Kong extended edition I received as a Christmas gift.

How is the extended version? The extended LotR movies answered almost all of my complaints about the initial release versions. :D

What sort of stuff was added?

RC

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Thanks for the high praise, Shade!

Raven Crowking said:
How is the extended version? The extended LotR movies answered almost all of my complaints about the initial release versions. :D

What sort of stuff was added?

The Kong extended edition is rather a different beast than the extended LoTR movies. Rather than dramatically adjusting the plot and pacing, most of the additions to the extended King Kong are relatively minor. Some of them (a Ferrucutus is riled up by the sound of gunfire right after the expedition enters the jungle) are pretty disposable (because, I thought, the Brontosaurus stampede was a better introduction to the dinosaurs), but the highlight is a five minute long Piranhadon attack sequence in the swamp. It's exciting, well paced, and should've been left in the movie instead of, say, the ice-skating Kong sequence.

Demiurge out.

Shade

Monster Junkie
demiurge1138 said:
Thanks for the high praise, Shade!

You earned it. :)

demiurge1138 said:
The Kong extended edition is rather a different beast than the extended LoTR movies. Rather than dramatically adjusting the plot and pacing, most of the additions to the extended King Kong are relatively minor. Some of them (a Ferrucutus is riled up by the sound of gunfire right after the expedition enters the jungle) are pretty disposable (because, I thought, the Brontosaurus stampede was a better introduction to the dinosaurs), but the highlight is a five minute long Piranhadon attack sequence in the swamp. It's exciting, well paced, and should've been left in the movie instead of, say, the ice-skating Kong sequence.

Yeah, the piranhadon attack was slick. Having never seen the non-extended version of the film, I'm suprised it wasn't included. It was one of the better monster encounters.

NemesisDragon

Explorer
Awsome stuff, and I'm glad I looked here before I started my own lol. Anyways, what is the document everybody is talking about? If it is a combined manual of skull island, I would love a copy as well. Just checking first, but anyways yeah, awsome stuff!!! Great job. :p

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The "document" is indeed the compiled Word document of all of the Kong stuff. I'll need an actual email address if you want it, since the "send USER a message" doesn't allow for attachments, but I'd be glad to throw a copy your way.

Demiurge out.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
I hope to use a bunch of these critters in my next campaign, which I plan to have take place in large part on an island similar to Skull Island.
I'll just say three words:-

Isle of Dread :)

I must say I have found Demiurge's stuff very useful for the Isle of Dread and can't wait to kick off a Savage Tide campaign.

Ok so that ws more than three words. :D

Regards
Mortis

NemesisDragon

Explorer
Demi, i'll send you an email first then you'll have mine, already sent one your way , a pre-emptive thanks, this stuff is awsome! And it saves me time to have to individually archive these hehe. Alrighty thanks again! Have some great plans for these critters!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
NemesisDragon said:
demi, you get my email yet??? Just wondering, it's been a day and i'm dying :p
Sorry, haven't gotten it. I'll try sending you one through the ENWorld system to see if it's working right.

Demiurge out.

NemesisDragon

Explorer
ah, heck with it. It's nemesisdragon @ gmail . com I suppose it don't matter, but there ya go demi, thanks man!!!!

THANKS DEMI, GREATLY APPRECIATED ONCE AGAIN.

Last edited:

Remove ads