They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I really like these guys, but I do have one issue. The metallic sliver should probably be CR 2. They just have too many hit points for a CR 1, IMO. That kind of staying power can equal a dead low-level party, especially if they're boosted by a few other slivers...

Demiurge out.

Krishnath

First Post
Time for some muscle for the hive. ;)

----------

Sliver, Muscle
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
3d8+6 (19 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30’, Climb 30’,
Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13,
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+8 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +4 melee (1d6+3) and bite -1 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Shared Ability,
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8,
Skills: Balance +2, Climb +11, Jump +3, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim +3,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

Muscle Slivers are very different from other slivers in appearance, standing almost 6’ tall, their hulking bodies covered in powerful muscles. Unlike other slivers they are legged and thus lack the characteristic tentacle ‘tails’ that other slivers possess, in addition they have two arms, that each end in powerful and dexterous three-fingered hands, each finger ending in a powerful claw. The skin of the muscle sliver is usually a dull or sandy brown.

Combat:
Muscle slivers enter combat swinging their mighty claws, ignoring all damage until either they or their prey are dead.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60’ of a muscle sliver gets bigger, tougher and stronger, growing a couple of inches and getting a +2 bonus to their Strength and Constitution scores. Increasing their hp, attack modifiers and damage.

----------

Comments are appreciated, as is constructive criticism. Baring any unforseen hidrances, I'll post the Talon Sliver on the 28th.

Edit: Fixed the CR.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The Muscle Sliver is another one I might consider increasing to CR 2. Also, could you update the thread title to reflect the new sliver? Not everyone might know there's a new one up.

Demiurge out.

Krishnath

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
The Muscle Sliver is another one I might consider increasing to CR 2. Also, could you update the thread title to reflect the new sliver? Not everyone might know there's a new one up.

Demiurge out.

Now that you mention it, I probably should increase the CR of all the slivers to 2...And done (thread title)

Frukathka: I am glad you like them.

Remove ads