• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

They're back: Return of the Slivers. [Updated 24/8-2005: Beware the Overlord!]

Krishnath

First Post
Frukathka said:
<sacrifices a virgin deer to Krishnath>
All hail Lord Krishnath, Creator of Slivers far and wide!

Seriously....it looks great, I love it! Looking forward to the next installment!
Excellent, a snackrifice. *munch, munch*

I am glady you await the next installment, because it ain't an aberration. :D

EldonG

First Post
Hey, Krish...didja ever do that Sliver .pdf?

I still want it. Starting a new game...and...I wanna have 'em all in a quick reference document. What level d'ya think a sliver invasion would work at, btw? These things get *NASSSTY*!

Krishnath

First Post
EldonG said:
Hey, Krish...didja ever do that Sliver .pdf?

I still want it. Starting a new game...and...I wanna have 'em all in a quick reference document. What level d'ya think a sliver invasion would work at, btw? These things get *NASSSTY*!
No, and epic levels, I would not throw slivers against a party where the average ECL was below 20.

Krishnath

First Post
A little late, but here it is, the Crypt Sliver.

-

Sliver, Crypt
Medium Undead (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
3d12 (19 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30’, climb 30’,
Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13,
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+8 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d6+4) or Slam +4 melee (1d4+4)
Full Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d6+4) and bite –1 melee (1d4+1); or Slam +4 melee (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Turn Resistance +2
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4,
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 13, Con --, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 6,
Skills: Balance +2, Climb +12, Jump +4, Listen +4, Spot +4, Swim +4,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

‘The experiments continue, with mixed results. Yesterday I bombarded one of the holding cells with negative energy and the results where astounding. Roughly half of the proto-slivers died within moments, while the other half entered their hibernation phase. A few moments later, the hibernating slivers unfolded. To my amazement, these new slivers are all undead, showing traits similar to those of zombies, although these new ‘crypt’ slivers are not as slow and stiff as zombies. My patron will be pleased with the results.’ – Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Crypt Slivers are a form of undead slivers that is the result of proto-slivers being exposed to extensive amounts of negative energy.
They resemble regular slivers, but are covered in black oily skin and have bloated features. Crypt slivers are usually about 6’ in length.
Despite being undead, they are an accepted part of sliver society, although they are not able to hibernate and evolve into more powerful forms. They are generally used as sentries, and as weapons against foes that employ weapons and spells that are ineffective against undead, such as Cloudkill. They are also used in areas that are lethal to other slivers.

Combat:
Crypt slivers fight much like other slivers by flailing away with their claw and biting with their beaked mouth. In addition to these two attack forms, they are able to make effective slam attacks with their bodies.

-

Comments and critique is appreciated, next sliver on the 10th.

Last edited:

EldonG

First Post
Krishnath said:
No, and epic levels, I would not throw slivers against a party where the average ECL was below 20.

Darn...I'm dyin' for the .pdf...but I tend to agree with the eval. If not ECL 20+, a *huge* party (8-10 characters) of 15th+, minimum, I'd guess, even with some of those slivers having loooow CR... :eek:

Krishnath

First Post
They may have a low CR, but they come in swarms...

Anyway, here's the Hunter Sliver.

-

Sliver, Hunter
Medium Aberration (Extraplanar, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
3d8+3 (16 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30’, Climb 30’,
Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13,
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+7 (+4 grapple bonus)
Attack: Claw +3 melee (1d6+1)
Full Attack: Claw +3 melee (1d6+1) and 2 bites –2 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5’/5’
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Scent, Shared Ability,
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 8,
Skills: Balance +2, Climb +10, Jump +2, Listen +6, Search +0, Spot +6, Survival +1*, Swim +2,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Track (b),
Environment: Any
Organization: Swarm (20-80) or Hive (several thousand slivers of various types and one queen)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

‘Hunter slivers are pretty much unique among sliver kind, as they have two heads, What evolutionary leap that has caused this is hard to determine, but they are most effective at what they do.’ – Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Hunter slivers look much like other slivers, with one big difference; it has no less than two heads. It is usually the color of wet clay, and reach a length of about 5’7’’.
Hunter Slivers are the scouts and trackers of sliver society, chasing prey and locating new resources.

Combat:
Hunter Slivers fight like other slivers but make excellent use of their additional bite attack.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60’ of the hunter sliver gain access to the scent special quality and the track feat as if they possessed it themselves. They also recieve a +4 racial bonus on survival checks when following tracks.
Skills: A hunter slivers extra head gives it a +2 bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot checks. * Hunter slivers have a +4 racial bonus when following tracks.

-

Comments and Critique is appreciated. :D

Edit: Next sliver on the 14/5-2005: The Mistform.

Last edited:

EldonG

First Post
Comments?

I love 'em. You, sir, are a sick man, a true tribute to sick men everywhere. I salute you. :p

Gawd, to have a party ready to meet 'em...my last 4-5 games have dematerialized instantly. Gamers...*sheesh*...what a flighty lot!

Other than alla that...how many are there, after all? I've been hoping for the .pdf for *years*. :cool:

Krishnath

First Post
EldonG said:
Comments?

I love 'em. You, sir, are a sick man, a true tribute to sick men everywhere. I salute you. :p

Gawd, to have a party ready to meet 'em...my last 4-5 games have dematerialized instantly. Gamers...*sheesh*...what a flighty lot!

Other than alla that...how many are there, after all? I've been hoping for the .pdf for *years*. :cool:

Let's see, ten plus two plus fourteen plus seven... 33 plus whatever I feel like adding, like an aquatic sliver, a half-sliver template, and whatnot. And thank you for your comments. When I am finished with them, I *might* make a PDF.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Sorry I havent sounded off Krish, I've been pretty busy lataely. I managed to wrangle a live blood ape this morning.

<presents live bound blood ape as a sacrifice>

The slivers look great as always. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

Remove ads