Things you DID like about the Fellowship of the Ring.

Rashak Mani

First Post
In order to balance out the "Things you didnt like" I´m starting the DID like thread. Things I liked:

- When using the ring... the shadow world vision... makes putting on that ring that much more TENSE. In the book it seemed a piece of cake to just stick the finger in the ring and get away from any problem.

- Bilbo trying to get the ring from Frodo !! Wow.. that scared me too... again makes the Ring seem more dangerous.

- Legolas fighting scenes... wow... I hate elves and I loved those scenes. Arrow in hand... arrow thru 2 orcs.. etc..

- The Great Battle against Sauron right at the beggining... the elven formation was a eye opener... Elrond at front makes him seem even more the part of the oldest elf in middle earth.

- Boromir could have been a little larger... but was ok. Aragorn was perfect... or should I say Strider was perfect.

- Sam and Frodo are just like I imagined them... perfect casting.

- Length of the film was good... maybe 20 mins extra wouldnt be that bad... but people on this board have indicated they would love a 5 hr movie (so would I ) :rolleyes:

Great movie... could have been better ? Yep... PJ has two more chances to get it right :D

FIRE AWAY

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Oh man, it's going to be far longer than the other thread if we've got to be honest. Nearly anything that I hadn't mentionned in the other thread but that is in the film could be here. However, I'll start by the landscape, splendid. Special effects, yummy. Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Boromir and Gandalf are all well rendered IMHO. (Pippin, Merry, Legolas and Gimli are less interesting, sadly). And also... Oh well, overall, the film at large.

A2Z

Explorer
What did I like? Quite a bit actually.

• The shadow world of the One Ring
  • The scene with Bilbo in Rivendell
  • The orcs!!
  • The scenery (I loved the Kings of Numenor!)
  • Moria (drool!)
  • "They brought a cave troll!" :)
  • Ian McKellan as Gandalf
  • The Lidless Eye

Harlequin

First Post
Perfect

I was only worried about two things before going in to watch Fellowship of the Ring

1) Arwens Scenes

2) The Movie being too short

My first viewing i went in so critical that even tho i enjoyed the film i didnt 'experience' the movie

I felt the movie rushed but i actually loved Arwens scenes

I asked my firends (who didnt read the books) and they tottally loved the film (one is reading the books, the other saw it with me again).

This in itself showed me how good this film was (both my friends thought me wierd for liking all this Fantasy stuff and FOTR opened thier eyes to what im about and how cool Fantasy can really be if done right)

After multiple viewings i just have to say that the movie gets better and better with each viewing

You pick up lots of things you miss the first or second time watching it (This film is really that detailed)

The Aragorn/Lurtz scene was just okay after the first two times
but each time viewing it i pick up extra things and realise just how cool that final battle is...

Also the final death scene which didnt move me the first time
actaully got better after more viewings and i can see how totally fitting it is and a great ending for the first installment and great lead in into what happens in the next installment

Really folks, words cannot portray to you how cool this film
really is for me...

But i still think its too short ;)

Looking forward to the 5 hour DVD :)

Harlequin

King_Stannis

Explorer
So many….

1.) Moria – The highlight of the movie

2.) Casting – almost perfect.

3.) Those colossal statues carved from the canyon walls – The most breathtaking scene of the movie.

and so much more!

A2Z

Explorer
Piratecat said:

You notice? I believe the one on the right was holding Narsil.

The one with the beard was Isildur, right? The other one was Anarion I believe.

Last edited:

Sammael99

First Post
Things I liked :

* The Shire

* Believable Hobbits : small but convincing

* Casting of the fellowship : all members are more or less perfect in their respective parts

* The death of Boromir

* The little we saw of Gollum

Remove ads