Things you DID like about the Fellowship of the Ring.

Black Omega

First Post
Aragorn v. Lurtz. Just a perfect fight scene with the bad guy coming off as truly bad ass in a way that makes it even more impressive when the hero wins. Every time I've seen the movie Aragorn winning this fight gets cheered.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Peredhil Choice and Parentage

kenjib said:
Galadriel and Celeborn, who are in turn a generation older than Elrond (he is the son of Galadriel and Celeborn, in fact).

You've pretty much got the 'generations' correct except the parentage is:

Elrond's parents were Earendil (Man) and Elwing (Elf), his brother was Elros both born late in the First Age. Because they were Peredhil or Half-elven the Valar gave the 2 brothers an irrevocable choice of how they would live- either as an Elf or as a Man. Elrond chose to live as an Elf and had immortally and Elros chose to live as a Man and recieve the 'Gift of Death' (IIRC) and became the First King of Numenor called Tar-Minyatur. A choice was also given to Elrond's children, at the time he left Middle Earth they could go with him to the West or they could stay in ME and become mortal.

Elrond's wife was Celebrian (married in 100 T.A.) who is the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn, she is attacked by Orcs in the Red Horn Pass and receives a poisoned wound in 2509 T.A. and leaves for the West in 2510 T.A. This is why Elladan and Elrohir (their twin sons born in 139 T.A.) hate and hunt Orcs so much. Arwen Undomiel (their daughter) was born in 241 T.A. All 3 chose to remain in ME IIRC.

Just to make sure everyone is on the right page.:)

Or if you meant 'son-in-law' then just disregard my entire post. ;)

Last edited:

Hecatol

First Post
I liked the fact that after reading the trilogy annually for the past twenty years, I walked out of the movie theatre thinking "How could anyone have done it better?".

Fast Learner

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
Keep going to see this movie! Lets get it into the top 5 money makers of all-time!!!!

Let's at least make certain it beats Harry Potter. As of last weekend the score was:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone -- $308.7M

Lord of the Rings, The: The Fellowship of the Ring -- $246M

Keep it up!

Remove ads