• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Threaten With A Bow

Kabol

First Post
Ok - i know lv2 in OotBI allows you to no longer provoke an AoO while useing a bow, And you threaten 5' with your Bow as well.

Im wondering is there a feat out there that allows you to do that, wiht out taking the 2 levels in OotBI?

The Souljourner

First Post
There's an epic feat that removes the provocation of AoO, called Combat Archery. Could easily be house ruled to require +8 BAB and be *perfectly* balanced, however.

-The Souljourner

Darklone

Some sick people would allow you to threaten with a spiked gauntlet or a monks unarmed strike. IIRC, FAQ rulings or RotG stuff sounded similar.

Patlin

Explorer
Egres said:
If you want to threaten any area with your bow just take the Peerless Archer PrC.

Don't know that one, but Dragon had an Epic Prestige Class called Master of the Order of the Bow that could threaten an area with a bow. Maybe that's obsolete if they gave it to the non-epic version.

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
The Souljourner said:
There's an epic feat that removes the provocation of AoO, called Combat Archery. Could easily be house ruled to require +8 BAB and be *perfectly* balanced, however.

-The Souljourner
If I could ask: in which book might one find this feat? (Only have SRD at work) :(

Laurel said:
If I could ask: in which book might one find this feat? (Only have SRD at work) :(

It's in the 3.5 SRD ( http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/EpicFeats.rtf )

SRD said:
COMBAT ARCHERY [EPIC]

Prerequisites: Dodge, Mobility, Point Blank Shot.

Benefit: The character does not incur any attacks of opportunity for firing a bow when threatened.

Normal: Without this feat, a character incurs an attack of opportunity from all opponents who threaten him or her whenever he or she uses a bow.

Egres

First Post
Patlin said:
Don't know that one, but Dragon had an Epic Prestige Class called Master of the Order of the Bow that could threaten an area with a bow. Maybe that's obsolete if they gave it to the non-epic version.
You can find it in "Silver Marches".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads