• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Three Elves and a Dwarf

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
I recently dragged my family together to form a gaming group. (Siblings and Spouces) We have only had the first character-making session so far, but I thought I would share some of the Highlights from that.

Player Question: Can I be an Albino Elf?

DM: Fine, whatever.

Player: Can I have an Orc Double-Axe?

DM: You can OWN one, if you want . But with your low strength I'm not sure you can lift it.

Another player: I want a horse.

DM: You can buy a horse.

2nd Player: But it says here that Feed for 1 day weighs 10 lbs. If the horse carries a couple of days feed then it won't have any room for me. Do horses really eat 10 lbs a day?

DM: Don't worry about it.

3rd Player: Can I have soapmaking skill?

DM: What?

3rd Player: Can I have soapmaking skill? I want my druid to make herbal soaps and ointments.

DM: Fine, put it down as soaps and lotions. It will let you make minor non-magical lotions to help healing later on.

1st Player: Ooh a 10ft ladder is only 3cp. I think I'll get one.

4th Player (Me): What are you going to do with a 10ft ladder?

1st Player: It might come in handy.

4th Player: I can hear it now, a guardsman calling out "Stop him! The Albino Elf with the 10ft ladder!"

1st Player: Fine, well your smith will be pretty obvious carring around an anvil all the time.

4th Player: He doesn't have to carry an anvil all the time, the book says he can make weapons with just raw materials, artisan's tools, and a fire.

DM: You can't make weapons without an Anvil.

4th Player: well, I probably have a small "traveling anvil" in my artisan's tools.

DM: Well, ok, but you'll only be able to make small stuff like daggers and arrows on the traveling anvil.

4th Player: Fine.

Remove ads