• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Through Darkness, Light ("the plethora of prospective permutations")

Macbeth

First Post
Aoe-Narara considers the fortress for a few seconds, comparing its stringpoints and weakpoints to other fortresses she has heard of. The fortress is definately takeable, but, judging by the number of people inside, a full frontall assault without the element of suprise would likely result in casualties, but an eventual victory. On the other hand, Aoe-Narara considers a suprise attack: if you can get inside the fortress before the fighting really begins, it is quite likely that you could take control without a single injury.
The possibility of flaming arrows would also help, but it seems that the first priority should be getting inside. If the party is spoted while outside of the fortress, casualties will likely be high.

Erekose13

Explorer
Chenroeth, male litorian mage blade 1

As long as Aoe-Narara shares her wisdom, Chenroeth suggests that they should move to strike as planned. With people scaling up the towers to take out the archers and some to try and strike at the front gate first with arrows, then with a charge. He suggests that if no one responds to the diversion at the gate then he will try and climb up to join those on the towers and suggests that others might want to do the same.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara, Giant Warmain 1

Aoe-Narara shares all of her thoughts with the party. Then recommends that a single stealthy scout check to see if the gate is open or closed.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

"I don't have a bow, but I'm a decent hand with one if anyone has a spare," Kelsis says. "Otherwise I have a sling. I very much favor getting them before they get us."

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin Lorechaser, Faen Magister 1

Aelin blinks. "Scale the ... I ... well...." He looks a bit daunted at the actual implementation of the plan.

"Perhaps I could endeavor to act in more a supporting position - overseeing, injecting magical aid where available or needed, co-ordinating between the troops...."

He gestures with his crossbow at Kelsis. "I would also suspect our esteemed friend would be more effecacious with this device than I - he seems a much more martial fellow...."

Murphy's Law

First Post
Kel

"Hmmmm. Aoe-Narara certainly knows strategy better then I. I say we follow her plan and send a single scout up. I'll even do it if need be. After I check if the door is open, we can move as we discussed before, with taking the towers and so on."

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade Quickling Unfettered

Aernoeth figures he's the stealthiest of them all and makes no bones about saying so. "They'd have to be crazy to leave the gate open, though," he whispers. "Or just really, really stupid." One thing the Faen doesn't tolerate well is stupid people.

"Ok. So what I'm hearing is this: I'll sneak up and try the gate. If it's closed, I'll take a bead on the guard in the tower while someone who's good at climbing tries to get up there."

Aernoeth makes a hand sign. "If by chances the gate is open, I'll make a signal like this, and then try to open it. Hopefully all of you will be running forwards by that point and ready to storm the place. As I wasn't Blessed by Ghoun, God of Strength, I might need some help to get the gate open."

"Regardless of whether the gate is open or closed, if their sentry gets wise, the archers'll hit him and anyone who replaces him in either tower with all the missile fire we can. Hopefully by then they'll open the gate to take us archers out, and that's when everyone strikes."

The Faen quickly strings his bow in an expert motion of deft tiny fingers, and is ready to strike at the place at Aroe-Narara's signal. "This is exciting!" Aernoeth whispers with enthusiasm. "Too bad we're not getting paid for this!"

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara

"I agree that Aernoeth should scout. In the off chance they see you, don't forget the possibility of subterfuge. If you can somehow convince them to get the gate open, we will all rush inside. If they close the gate and it seems we are shut outside, then we should withdraw. I don't think any of us wants to die for this."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

"I will try to be one of those that climbs a tower. I'm fairly strong, and I believe I can get one of the sentries with my mace before he notices me. But a bow might be useful once I'm inside. Then I can use the tower as my high point to pick off those who are inside. That is, if someone will loan me a spare bow," Kelsis says, ready and willing to take the high point of the tower.

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin holds out his crossbow to Kelsis. "If accuraccy and efficiency are key, I would suggest you provided maximum output with the aggressive items. I would, as they say, have issues connecting with the superior side of a silo...."

Remove ads