• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Through Darkness, Light ("the plethora of prospective permutations")

Arador

First Post
Maedril, Sibeccai Champion of Death 1

Realizing that his skills do not lie in stealth, Maedril tries to stay in the woods out of sight of the gaurds, and awaits any kind of signal from the scouts. He doesn't speak, but fingers his sword, constantly glancing about, checking for hidden foes.

Murphy's Law

First Post
Kel

"Lets go in now. We need to press our advantage for all its worth. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the faen is right. We should attack while we have the element of suprise."

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin shrugs. "Perhaps pyrotechnical missles? Distractions of a combustible nature would seem likely to evacuate the edifice quickly...."

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade Quickling Unfettered

Kelsis' curt reply takes the wind out of Aernoeth. "Yes, well, true ... dying doesn't sound pleasant at all," he half-jokes.

Aelin's words give him renewed hope, though. "Marvelous! How many of these pyrotechnical missiles can you muster? We'll need at least two, I guess, plus maybe another two."

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin blinks, surprised that someone wanted an implementation on the idea.

"Well...I...I don't have anything like that here, but...." He trails off in thought, muttering to himself. "Oil, rags, flint and tinder.....Fireburst....If only I could form some sort of rudimentary lathe...." He consults a few books, and blinks. "It is very possible that I could construct a set of combustible projectiles using rags and lamp oil, then set them alight, and propel them from our arsenal."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

"Makeshift fire arrows? Is that what you're getting at Aelin? Or something like alchemist's fire?" Kelsis asks, willing to help figure out a good strategy if everyone insists on attacking now.

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin Lorechaser Male Loresong Faen Magister 1

Aelin nods. "Although preference suggests 'improvised' rather than makeshift. Had I any Alchemical Fire, also know as Sastic's Clinging Vocius, we would be more than prepared. Still, I am certain that among us we can construct a passable greeting for them."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Chenroeth replies, Hmm, a good plan Aelin, but I personally dont have anything combustable here. Neither torches and oil, nor alchemist's fire. Does anyone else have any?

If not then I suggest we with Aernoeth's plan to have some scale the fort, though we may need a distraction to get some of them to come out. I think it might be a good idea that once the climbers have dispatched with the ones on the top of the turrets to signal us somehow and then we should have someone notify those inside that we are out here. I volunteer to spike one of my handaxes into the door if you want. Then when they come out we hit them with arrows then follow up with a charge before the ones inside can shut the door again.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara, Giant Warmain 1

Aoe-Narara's brow is wrinkled with thought, obstensibly thinking through the tactical ramifications of the situation, as she listens to the discussion.

[OOC: Aoe-Narara uses her Warmain training to think through the situation. How likely is the attack to succeed? How many casualties can the party expect? Yes I am fishing for a clear DM hint here as it is really hard to get a good read of this situation online. Give me the result of a Knowledge: History (Strategy and Tactics of Warfare) if you think that is appropriate, Macbeth.]

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade Quickling Unfettered

Aernoeth is known for traveling light, and the only alchemical device he carries is a single sunrod. "No fire oil here," he mutters, disappointed that Aelin couldn't just conjure fire from nothing.

Content that they'd think of something, and also curious to hear what the Giantess is going to say, Aernoeth keeps his eye on the fort as they wait.

Remove ads