• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Through Darkness, Light ("the plethora of prospective permutations")

Murphy's Law

First Post
Kel, male Sibbecai Totem

When everybody else comes to a halt, Kel moves to the front of the group. "If we've been on the trail this long, we might as well find the query tonight. I too can see the sun coming soon, but we might as well make the best of it."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

"Then let us not pass it up. Even if the time is not right to strike when we get there, at the very least we can determine exact numbers, how skilled they seem to be, and perhaps overhear some interesting things. Let's press on for now," Kelsis says, her ears perking up at the thought of actually finding the bandits.

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade level 1 Quickling Unfettered

"Yah, let's go together, too. No space in this thick wood for an ambush," Aernoeth reflects.

He grins mischieviously at the Giant. "Once we find the camp, maybe the really tall ones here should stay by the trees, for in the dark they can be mistaken for one, while the, ahh, quieter ones try to convince any sentries to either hold their tongues, or lose them."

In a more serious tone, Aernoeth adds, "Once Chenroeth's nose has sniffed us closer, the Kels and I should sneak fifteen yards ahead to find any watchers. If we can quiet them, then the camp will be ours. Or does anyone have another plan?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Chenroeth, male litorian mage blade 1

"Sounds good to me. Once we are a bit closer, I shall wait with the others while you sneaky fellows see if you can catch those on guard and find out a bit of what we are up against. I will leave the light off from here on out as it would be a bad idea to alert them to our presence too early. Let go then!" Chenroeth says in hushed tones among the huddled group. He keeps the sunrod covered as much as possible and slips it into his backpack cutting off the light.

Arador

First Post
Maedril, Sibeccai Champion of Death 1

"Let us strike then. Those who strike first win the day."
Maedril slightly shifts his sword, and follows the party, ever ready to summon his shield.

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin sighs heavily, and closes his book softly. "If we must, we must. There is aught to be gain by tarrying here, and we should strike while the iron is hot. Or sleeping, as may be the case."

He rummages around, pulling out his crossbow, loading it, and placing it across his lap.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

*Kelsis will have her sling ready for ranged attacks, as well as her hand-axes.*

"Once we scout, if it comes to combat, ranged attacks would be best at first. We must try to disable them at a distance as much as possible," Kelsis councils, waiting to hear what Aoe-Narara will say. Because she will say something, she always does. Though usually it's sound advice, if sometimes a big over-cautious.

But should my marks go wide, then I can always try to earn another notch on my shaft. Anyone trying to close on me will get a surprise, Kelsis thinks, gripping her ranseur and grinning slightly to herself.

Erekose13

Explorer
Chenroeth, male litorian mage blade 1

Chenroeth draws one of his throwing axes from his belt and moves back up to the front. He will wait for the signal to begin the trek but he wants to check the scents again to see if he can tell approximately how many there are and check for any other signs.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara, Giant Warmain 1

"Sound tactical suggestion, Kelsis. I agree that since we've come this far we should push forward."

Aoe-Narara draws her shortbow and moves to the back of the group. She keeps particular eye on the rearward 180 degrees, making sure they aren't being followed.

Macbeth

First Post
Moving along the trail, you come to your quarry, but its not what was expected. Instead of a small bandit's camp, you find a small fortress, not more then a few rooms, but intimidating nonetheless. The smell of cooking is clear, and this is obviously the place you were trying to find. The cleverly concealed sunrod has yet to reveal your location, and nobody seems to have noticed your approach. There is little sound coming from within, but the strong smell of food confirms that there are still occupants.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads