• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Through Darkness, Light ("the plethora of prospective permutations")

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin shrugs. "Arboreal or Terrestrial, I can accept either. I do feel that a through examination of the surrounding environs would be most edificatious, however. Who would be inclined to investigate with me?"

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara, Giantess Warmain 1

Aoe-Narara cocks her eyebrow at Aernoeth's comment.

"Very funny, feykin. Why don't I give you a little *boost* up into the trees? I'll make you fly like your Spryte brothers."

She starts reaching down obstensibly to get ahold of him.

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade level 1 Quickling Unfettered

"Eeep!" Aernoeth gives a playfully little yelp and he speeds off with a good-natured chuckle before the Giantess can grab him.

[OOC: Looks like it depends on whether Kelsis wants to go without waiting the hour. Aernoeth is as impulsive as Kelsis, so if she goes, he'll go. If she stays, he'll stay. Impulsive, yes. Crazy enough to take on an entire bandit camp in the dark, y-, er, no. :)

If they do go, Aernoeth *will* tell the others. I'm guessing there will be plenty of time to climb trees, search the ambush site more thoroughly, and hide before Kelsis and Aernoeth come running back with Bandits on their heels. But it's just a guess! :p]

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Aoe-Narara, Female Giant Warmain 1

"I don't believe it's wise to advance into unscouted territory in the dark. But let's search the area first as suggested, and gather all the intelligence we making a final decision."

Aoe-Narara helps the "terrestrial" search team.

Erekose13

Explorer
Chenroeth, male litorian mage blade 1

As the others look like they are willing to wait atleast the hour, Chenroeth sits down to rethink his spells. He sets his axe, Runethorn across his legs sitting crosslegged. He then begins to run his hand across the runes engraved on the haft trying to remember how to enhance his sense of smell from the lessons that the old shaman of his tribe taught him.

dead_radish

Explorer
Aelin nods. "Indeed, then I will scour the terrina for evidence!" He hops off Ostragoth and begins to peer about, searching for anything useful.

OOC: Ah, if only I could pull out a set of goggles and tools ala Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane....

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic 1

*Kelsis will agree to wait the hour, however...*

"You can go ahead and study your spells, but I'm not going to wait for an hour and do nothing. I'm going to scout around the whole ambush site and see what can be seen. We know there are two trails, but I want to see if there are more, or if there's anything else we've overlooked."

*With that Kelsis (and Aernoeth, if he wants to) will thoroughly search the woods on both sides of the road, looking for anything left behind, any unusual tracks, any additional paths, unusual marks, or things of that nature. She'll check under bushes as well as up into trees.*

Last edited:

Aernoeth

First Post
Aernoeth Swiftblade level 1 Quickling Unfettered

Aernoeth will certainly help out Kelsis, sticking to the low ground (no trees!) and moving about the ambush site in an ever-widening circle, looking for any other clues. Once the hour is up, he heads back to the others, and waits for Chernoeth the Sniffer to begin the tracking.

Murphy's Law

First Post
Kel

"Well, if waiting is th current order, I will also investigate this area. I have a feeling we may have missed something."

[OOC; Kel will also search again, this time focusing on the area around the ambush zone in the trees, even climbing some if necessary]

Arador

First Post
Maedril, Sibeccai Champion of Death 1

Pausing to think for a second, Maedril quickly skims the ground. If the woman's story was true, and the bandits had jumped down from the trees, there should be branches or leaves skattered on the ground from their descent. He then goes over to the nearby trees, and attempts to see if he sees any kind of marks or hand holds that would show a climbing attempt.

His hand is constantly palming his longsword, looking up and around every few seconds, watching for danger.

Remove ads