• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Throwing 3 Med sized weapons?

incognito

First Post
Has anyone come up with a way for a medium sized character to throw 3 medium sized weapons (javelin, etc all) without resorting to magic?

I can throw two with quickdraw(one in my hand, one quickdrawn), but after that...

incognito

First Post
Only the fact that I have a shield in that hand...

So you're saying hold "some" thorwn weapons in the off hand,a nd X-ferring them btwn hands is a free action.

OK - that's a way!

Follow up Q:

1. Any way to do it with a sheild
2. Any way to throw 4? (assume rapid shot feat)

Maximillian

First Post
I hadn't realized quick draw only worked once per round... What are you throwing? If it's less powerful than a composite longbow (1d8/x3/110'), who really cares? I've always been pretty annoyed by the "It's a move equivalent action to draw a weapon, but it's not an action to knock an arrow" thing. If you've taken quick draw, you should be able to throw as many in a round as you have attacks.

Bagpuss

Legend
Quickdraw you can draw a weapon as a free action, there is no limit on how many free actions you can take in a term (except the DM's logic). Also drawing a weapon can be from any location.

Say you have them in a chariot quiver or stuck in the ground ready for quick retrival, just draw and throw as many as you have attacks in the round. Then its no harder than drawing an notching an arrow several times a round.

Bagpuss

Legend
Erm nope, Quicken Spell is an exception and mentions that you can only cast one Quickened Spell per round in its discription. If it wasn't the exception then there would be no need to mention the fact you can only cast one quickened spell a round in its discription.

Maximillian

First Post
That's the way I always played it, Bagpuss. Incognito had me spooked, but I checked my book and there's no listed limit on quickdraws. Far as I'm concerned, this means that a 20th level fighter with two weapons, improved two weapon fighting and quickdraw can attack with six different weapons, dropping them as free actions between attacks.

Incognito: If you think that's overpowered, call it a number of quickdraws equal to dex modifier, or give it a second feat to make it unlimited. I think it's fine as is.

Remove ads