Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt

gabrion

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I'm thinking something with a cleric would be fun this time around, perhaps a Telepath/Cleric, although I think that may require too many feat chains to sustain, so I may try something else.

Since I forgot to say so at first, that combo would be fine if you were to decide on it.

Someone said:
half-elf fighter/ranger/tempest from one side, sorcerer or wizard from the other.

This concept would also be fine.

Ferrix

Explorer
I'm thinking this group will need a bit of a sword-arm, so I'm tossing out my idea for a Fighter-Psychic Warrior, or potentially Fighter-Wilder. Have to look at specifics.

It would be interesting to play an Elan Soul Eater from BoVD, but it would have to be approved by you. A character who fights against what he has been made into against his will. Still evil, but attempting to use the darkness within against the powers that created him.

About myself, I've played D&D for 9 years now. Prefering a variety of games, although only recently enjoying deep political intrigue. I started gaming online about a year ago when I was without a real life game and had been for a while. I run one game, and have two in stages of operation here, as well as playing in a number. I can generally post once a day, sometimes more depending upon my schedule. I usually end up posting quite late in the day since I get home often quite late (11pm+). I've never played with beer at the table but I've heard good stories about it.

gabrion

First Post
Ferrix said:
I'm thinking this group will need a bit of a sword-arm, so I'm tossing out my idea for a Fighter-Psychic Warrior, or potentially Fighter-Wilder. Have to look at specifics.

These ideas are fine. I can see fighter/wilder being especially potent.

It would be interesting to play an Elan Soul Eater from BoVD, but it would have to be approved by you. A character who fights against what he has been made into against his will. Still evil, but attempting to use the darkness within against the powers that created him.

While I love the PrC (in as much as you can actually do that), I really don't think this would work so well in the game. I mean these guys are evil by the standards of beholders and mind flayers, so fighting their nature is one helluva fight. Also, the fact that they still have to sustain their power by sucking the life out of others would make it a difficult fit. I won't say no to the concept, but if you submit that character you are going to have to do an awesome job selling it in order to get a spot.

I've never played with beer at the table but I've heard good stories about it.

It's a mixed bag really. Things can be more fun, but also a lot less productive if it gets out of hand. Definately makes for some funny character decisions though.

Shayuri

First Post
Hello! Glad to see this is still going strong. I have several ideas so I'll sum them all up here. Ideally that'll give me some latitude as far as party roles go. :)

I've been playing online games for about eight years now, wayyyy back when me and my group would try to use ICQ and the honor system for dice rolls. :) We've come a long way since then, of course. I love games that have high adventure and plenty of action, but I'm also a very character-driven player. Hence, RP is very important to my enjoyment. Of course, I see things like combat and action sequences as just another form of RP, so I'm not as hard to please as it might sound. I love interaction and dialogue with other characters though, and I find the games I like best have a sort of rhythm between intense action scenes, and quieter 'downtime' moments where the characters can talk.

Concept 1: Aliyas One-Arrow

Human or Elf Fighter 2/Druid 3/Beastmaster 9, Ranger 12

Uses core SRD and Complete Adventurer for Beastmaster PrC and some feats.

Aliyas would be a mounted archer and "medium cavalry" unit, depending on terrain. Space permitting, she'd use her mount to keep some distance and rain arrows on opponents. In tighter surroundings, she'll charge in with her longspear and dire wolf to do some damage in close. Minor spellcasting used mainly for buffing self and mount.

Concept 2: Proteus

Human Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 7, Fighter 4/Rogue 8

Master of Many Forms is in Complete Adventurer.

A loyal agent of Silverymoon, an incredibly gifted spy, and an inveterate prankster, Proteus has embraced druidism as a path tp grasping his own inner nature...and in so doing has unlocked an unlimited fluidity of self. His sunny disposition and love of entertaining belies the fact that he is a canny and underhanded schemer, and that many of his shapes are deadly in the extreme. Proteus sees himself as an artist, with his own flesh the palette and paints, and is always seeking out rumors of strange new creatures, so that he can learn their shapes and add them to his reporatoire. Though he has worked for Silverymoon many times in the past, he maintains his official independence, though in truth he loves the city and what it stands for, and would defend it to the death if necessary.

There's more, but these two are the most thought out so far. Thoughts?

Ferrix

Explorer
gabrion said:
While I love the PrC (in as much as you can actually do that), I really don't think this would work so well in the game. I mean these guys are evil by the standards of beholders and mind flayers, so fighting their nature is one helluva fight. Also, the fact that they still have to sustain their power by sucking the life out of others would make it a difficult fit. I won't say no to the concept, but if you submit that character you are going to have to do an awesome job selling it in order to get a spot.

The idea seemed to really fit with a sort of Elric mentality. I'll make up two characters I guess, this one, and another. Would you allow some stuff from Libris Mortis if posted it up for you?

gabrion

First Post
Great to see your character concepts, Shayuri.

Shayuri said:
Concept 1: Aliyas One-Arrow

Human or Elf Fighter 2/Druid 3/Beastmaster 9, Ranger 12

Uses core SRD and Complete Adventurer for Beastmaster PrC and some feats.

Aliyas would be a mounted archer and "medium cavalry" unit, depending on terrain. Space permitting, she'd use her mount to keep some distance and rain arrows on opponents. In tighter surroundings, she'll charge in with her longspear and dire wolf to do some damage in close. Minor spellcasting used mainly for buffing self and mount.

I like the concept. If you are going to go the Archery route, have you thought about Cleric or Scout? Just some ideas.

Concept 2: Proteus

Human Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 7, Fighter 4/Rogue 8

Master of Many Forms is in Complete Adventurer.

A loyal agent of Silverymoon, an incredibly gifted spy, and an inveterate prankster, Proteus has embraced druidism as a path tp grasping his own inner nature...and in so doing has unlocked an unlimited fluidity of self. His sunny disposition and love of entertaining belies the fact that he is a canny and underhanded schemer, and that many of his shapes are deadly in the extreme. Proteus sees himself as an artist, with his own flesh the palette and paints, and is always seeking out rumors of strange new creatures, so that he can learn their shapes and add them to his reporatoire. Though he has worked for Silverymoon many times in the past, he maintains his official independence, though in truth he loves the city and what it stands for, and would defend it to the death if necessary.

There's more, but these two are the most thought out so far. Thoughts?

I like this one too! For someone who will be changing shape a lot, the Warshaper PrC might be something to look into.

gabrion

First Post
Ferrix said:
The idea seemed to really fit with a sort of Elric mentality. I'll make up two characters I guess, this one, and another. Would you allow some stuff from Libris Mortis if posted it up for you?

Like FMA Elric?

I forgot to put LM on that list, but it should be there. I will fix that now.

Edit: I also added Draconomicon and Miniatures handbook to the sources list. I don't have the MH with me at school right now, but I own it and I like it, so you all can use it if you send me the text.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm! Warshaper is an excellent suggestion. Perhaps in lieu of those fighter levels.

And Aliyas could have cleric levels instead of druid...an intriguing idea. Cleric of a nature god would work great.

I'll have to play with builds and see where the sweet spots are.

Thanks for the input!

Remove ads