Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt

Rystil Arden

First Post
gabrion said:
Like FMA Elric?

I forgot to put LM on that list, but it should be there. I will fix that now.

Edit: I also added Draconomicon and Miniatures handbook to the sources list. I don't have the MH with me at school right now, but I own it and I like it, so you all can use it if you send me the text.
He means Michael Moorcock's Elric...Draconomicon eh? Maybe I'll do Elan Cleric/Psychic Warrior then, so that I can use Wisdom for both.

gabrion

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
He means Michael Moorcock's Elric...Draconomicon eh? Maybe I'll do Elan Cleric/Psychic Warrior then, so that I can use Wisdom for both.

*Ponders whether or not to allow the rapidstike feats*

Rystil Arden

First Post
gabrion said:
*Ponders whether or not to allow the rapidstike feats*
Yup, that's what the Draconomicon is for :D I was thinking maybe a Chaotic Neutral (with Good tendencies) Cleric of Malar who goes Claws of the Beast.

gabrion

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Yup, that's what the Draconomicon is for :D I was thinking maybe a Chaotic Neutral (with Good tendencies) Cleric of Malar who goes Claws of the Beast.

I'm not at all against high-powered character (I mean look at the game I'm running), but whether or not I allow something like that will honestly depend on the characters other people come up with. I want the group to have a decent balance of power and that guy is at the top of the power scale.

Of course it isn't really fair to say "Your character is fine, but only if other people make certain kinds of characters," but really the best advice I can give you is to watch what other people end up posting for characters. If none of them are on par with the king of smack, then I wouldn't use that as your character. Either way, if you do use that kind of build, I'm gonna make you sign in blood that you promise not to break my game. That and maybe I won't allow rings of counterspell with dispel magic in them...

Rystil Arden

First Post
gabrion said:
I'm not at all against high-powered character (I mean look at the game I'm running), but whether or not I allow something like that will honestly depend on the characters other people come up with. I want the group to have a decent balance of power and that guy is at the top of the power scale.

Of course it isn't really fair to say "Your character is fine, but only if other people make certain kinds of characters," but really the best advice I can give you is to watch what other people end up posting for characters. If none of them are on par with the king of smack, then I wouldn't use that as your character. Either way, if you do use that kind of build, I'm gonna make you sign in blood that you promise not to break my game. That and maybe I won't allow rings of counterspell with dispel magic in them...
Oh, I can easily do something else--it's just when you said Draconomicon, it reminded me of that feat :D

gabrion

First Post
BTW Rystil, [sblock]if you don't mind me asking, are you at school in Cambridge? I only ask because my Crimson rival school is there...so you best not be a part of that evil conglomerate. :mad:[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
gabrion said:
BTW Rystil, if you don't mind me asking, are you at school in Cambridge? I only ask because my Crimson rival school is there...so you best not be a part of that evil conglomerate. :mad:
Are you at Yale? Ah, I'm from a school that likes to make fun of Harvard almost as much as yours does :) I was accepted to both and chose to go to MIT ;) I have a true horror story about Harvard that's rather wacky, too :)

gabrion

First Post
Rystil[sblock]
Rystil Arden said:
Are you at Yale? Ah, I'm from a school that likes to make fun of Harvard almost as much as yours does :) I was accepted to both and chose to go to MIT ;)
I didn't get into MIT, but I would have come here anyway. I guess it's all about what people want to do. Except people who go to Harvard. Then its not about personality, it's about evil. Pure evil.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
gabrion said:
I didn't get into MIT, but I would have come here anyway. I guess it's all about what people want to do. Except people who go to Harvard. Then its not about personality, it's about evil. Pure evil.
Not all people who go to Harvard are evil. There was a blonde catburglar girl who was really nice. She even broke into my hosts' room so I didn't have to sit on a hard stairwell. All the rest of the ones I met there at Campus Preview Weekend were real jerks and really crazy, especially since I was their guest and all :\ I do know some great people from Harvard, though, it's just that the bad ones I met were so outlandishly bad.

Remove ads