• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tired of Waiting: Star Wars Saga game

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
I updated/changed my Imperial Knight information:

I added Gauntlet Defense as a Talent in the Imperial Knight talent tree and removed Improved Lightsaber Guardian.

I changed the stats for Imperial Knight Armor to bring it more in line with other light armors.

Recruiting update:

I love the entries I have so far. I would still love to have the following archetpyes:

1. A human jedi apprentice, on Manaan with his/her master
2. A human Imperial officer/soldier/Imperial Knight stationed on Manaan as part of the occupying force
OR
2. A force-sensitive local, sought after by the Jedi master and his apprentice

With those two characters, I could run this game with Wyalt, and Leyla/Ikari. In fact, LoboLurker and Possum, consider yourself approved for this game.

If you want characters of the other archetypes, feel free to submit them too.

Brother Allard

First Post
I've already applied for Karl Green's Saga game without owning the rules yet, why shouldn't I try for this one too? If I don't, who knows how long it will be before another one comes along.

As I said over there, it will probably be a few weeks before I'm able to pick Saga up, but from everything I've seen, I'm extremely interested.

In this game, I'd be interested either in the jedi apprentice or maybe a force-sensitive selkath. I'm very familiar with many flavors of d20, but would obviously need some extensive help with building the character.

possum

First Post
[sblock]I'm thinking of leaning towards the elite trooper prestige class, as I see him as the type of Mandalorian to fight other people's wars than hunt out bounties, though he dabbles in that to make money sometimes.

The holdout blaster pistol in the gauntlet's a cool touch. I didn't really want my character's kit to be like Fett's, so I'm glad the whole "armed to the wazoo" approach wasn't taken. I'm not entirely sure on the jetpacks, mainly because the only G-canon Mandos got really kriffed up when they malfunctioned...

I'll take the combat gloves as the backup melee weapon.[/sblock]

Thanks a lot for doing the stat work, for me. I hope this game is a lot of fun, so I can get a real test of the new rules.

Brother Allard

First Post
Here's a start:

Tycho Arundel, Jedi Negotiator
Jedi 6
STR: 8, DEX: 12, CON: 10, INT: 14, WIS: 16, CHA: 14

Tycho is a slight young man, appearing even younger than his actual 20 years. His bright smile and boyish charm have earned him many friends among his fellow apprentices. If pressed, however, few of his peers would confess to believing he had the potential to be a great jedi. His meager frame and waifish build do little to inspire respect among his sparring partners. His Master, however, sees something different - a deep and abiding connection to the force.

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
Tycho Arundel
[sblock]
Medium Male Human Jedi 6, CL6
Destiny 1; Force Points 11
Init +4; Perception +11; Use the Force: +15
Languages Basic, 2 others
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defense Reflex: 18 (flat-footed 17); Fortitude: 17; Will: 20; Melee Defense, Deflect
Hit Points: 57 Threshold: 17
Speed 6 squares
Base Attack Bonus +6, Grp +5
Melee Lightsaber +7 (2d8+2)
Atk Options Melee Defense, Weapon Finesse
Special Abilities Adept Negotiator, Improved Disarm
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15): Farseeing, Force Stun x2, Mind Trick x2, Negate Energy, Vital Transfer x2
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14
Talents: Adept Negotiator, Deflect, Force Persuasion
Feats: Force Boon, Force Sensitive, Force Training x2, Improved Disarm, Melee Defense, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons), Weapon Finesse
Skills: Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +10, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +10, Knowledge (Social Sciences) +10, Perception +11, Use the Force (Persuasion) +15
Possessions: Lightsaber, Jedi Robes, lightsaber energy cell, other items to be detailed shortly...
Experience 10,000[/sblock]

Notes[sblock] I didn't know what other languages you'd want to speak, but I owe you two.

Your saves, while not GREAT, are pretty solid. You can do a lot to make up for your reflex defense with the Melee Defense feat when in melee (basically, Expertise) and when fighting blasters with the Deflect Talent, which lets you make a Use the Force check when a blaster is shot at you if you have your lightsaber out and activated. If you beat the attack roll, it is harmlessly deflected away from you. Each additional time you do this in a round incurs a -5 penalty.

Threshhold is the amount of damage a single attack has to do to knock you one step down the condition track.

I gave you weapon Finesse to make you a little competent with your lightsaber. You probably want to pick up at least 1 level of Jedi Knight if we make it to level 8 so you can learn the Lightsaber form Ataru, replacing Str with Dex for damage.

Adept Negotiator is probably going to be one of your signature abilities, making you a pretty decent crowd-controller. As a standard action, you talk to an enemy that can see, hear, and understand you. You make a persuasion check (which in your case, is a Use the FOrce check). If this check beats out their Will defense, they move one step down on the ocndition track. Enemies get a +5 will defense bonus if they are higher level than you. If they get to the bottom of the track using this ability, they don't fall unconscious, instead they have lost the will to attack you or your allies until the end of the encounter, unless they are attacked by you or your allies. Your allies can keep attacking them until they reach the point of giving up. Improved Disarm works much like it always does, but with a +5 to disarm checks.

Force powers: I went ahead and selected a power suite for you. If there are powers you would rather have/not have, let me know. I tried to go with powers that helped a negotiator and also reflected someone who was very strong in the force.

Farseeing: FUll-round; target one perosn you've ever met. If you beat their Will Defense with a UTF check, you sense if they are dead or alive, and a vague idea of where they are and what they are doing. If you spend a force point, you get details about their surroundings and other creatures who are close.

Force Stun: Single target, standard action. In 6 squares or line-of-sight (useable through viewscreens). UTF check vs. Will Defense. If you win, move them one step down the condition track plus one aditional step/5 points you beat their Will Defense. Spend a Force Point to add an additional +1 to how far down they go. Using this in conjunction with Adept Negotiator will mess some people up.

Mind Trick: Standard action, 1 Intelligent creature. This can have a variety of effects including: Causing them to lose sight of you so you can begin using the Stealth skills, feinting in combat, make an otherwise crazy but non-lifethreatening suggestion seem normal, causing a lower-level character to flee in terror for 1 minute or until wounded. If using the suggestion ability, you can spend a force point to raise their attitude by one step, plus an additional step per 5 points your UTF check beats their Will Defense.

Negate Energy: Reaction. UTF check must be greater than the damage you are taking from an energy source (blaster, fire, lightsaber) and it is negated. You can't be flat-footed. You can spend a Force Point to gain HP up to your max equal to the negated energy.

Vital Transfer: Standard action, touch rnage. DC 15: Heals target's level x2 HP; DC 20: x3; DC 25 x4. You take half damage equal to how much you heal, rounded down. Spend a force point to take no damage. Spend a destiny point to move them 5 levels up the condition track (from unconscious to unharmed) in addition to healing them.

Talents: Force Persuasion lets you make Use the FOrce checks in place of Persuasion checks.

Feats: Force Boon gives you 3 extra Force Points/level, showing your unusually strong tie to the force and helping your force abilities rock a little harder.

Skills: If you would rather drop some of the knowledge skills for skills like Acrobatics, Endurance, Initiative, or Pilot, let me know. Those skills didn't seem to reflect what you told me about your character, so I left them off. Also if there is a Knowledge skill you'd rather have, let me know.

The Future: If you were ever to Multiclass, Noble wouldn't be a bad way for you to go, sense you can use the force in place of making persuasion checks. I would reccomend your next two levels be Jedi and Jedi knight though: a level of Jedi will let you take the Redirect talent, giving you, effectively, a ranged attack. A level of Jedi Knight will let you train in the Ataru form, increasing your dependance of Dex and decreasing your dependance on Str. After that, you should go where you want. If you want to focus on being an awesome negotiator, go Noble and eventually Jedi Master. If you want to focus on being awesome with the force, go Jedi Knight and take force techniques that make your force powers more interesting--you will also be able to improve as a lightsaber duelist through this path. If you really want to rock a lightsaber or other wierd non-power force effects, take levels in Jedi, and learn more Jedi Consular, Guardian, and Sentinal abilities while using bonus feats to improve your combat versatility/force powers.

Any questions or comments?[/sblock]

Last edited:

ValenarJaeldira

First Post
possum: [sblock] There isn't anything stopping you from dabblin in a few levels of both PRCs, honestly. At least 1 level of Bounty hunter would make you super-scary with any aimed shots you make with your rifle. That said, Elite trooper is also an awesome class.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Force Sensitive Ahto city local...

I'll throw my hat into the ring as the force sensitive user that is being sought after by the master and apprentice:

I have the book but have not had the chance to read it yet.

I think that I will go with a human Scoundrel/Soldier ruffian of sorts a that is mostly looking out for himself and getting by as he can. He basically has a good heart but has had a rough life with both parents dead and kind of living on his own since he was young.

He is walking the line between the dark and light sides, and could be pushed either way. Hopefully, someone can save him from taking the wrong path. He gets by and the force has been a great tool to keep himself out of trouble or to finish it.

I may make him a swoop racer/mechanic type.

I can try to have a character write up tomorrow night or so.

Last edited:

Remove ads