TMP - Wiki

Nathan Sane

First Post
Actually as commwiki uses MediaWiki, the process is simple and straight forward as posting on the boards. But I will be happy to have something a kin to tutorial written on it.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Is there any news on this? I've still got those ideas, and I think at least putting down some descriptions of some places to go (on a Wiki or on a thread) would be fun for adding a little flavor. (like the thread for the Bazaar with some of the businesses there)
Course, the Wiki idea is bigger than that, so, news would be welcome. :)

Magatsu

First Post
I just want to know how it will be dicided, this information.

Will there be a vote as to what sounds accurate, or will it just be a few peoples ideas that have alot of weight so to speak that will make their dreams come true?

See, it has been stated that there are mutants, aliens and with that could be leaps and bounds of technology just in that respect.

Who will be vetoing what is good enough or not good enough of an idea to happen?

Will it be everyone having a say?

Magatsu

First Post
Also, how is it 30 years of past events, isn't it 25 now, since it would atleast have to start from 2007?

But can I ask this, if this is based in our world up till today, what happens if all of our fantasy history goes against what is happening?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Magatsu said:
But can I ask this, if this is based in our world up till today, what happens if all of our fantasy history goes against what is happening?

People should please see Gabe's post (#28) above. Anything in the Wiki should be something of no real consequence.

Nathan Sane

First Post
Magatsu said:
I just want to know how it will be dicided, this information.

Will there be a vote as to what sounds accurate, or will it just be a few peoples ideas that have alot of weight so to speak that will make their dreams come true?

See, it has been stated that there are mutants, aliens and with that could be leaps and bounds of technology just in that respect.
Well, things like bounds and leaps technology is firmly in Birgind's hands not mine. I want the Wiki to focus to fleshing out the fluff of the setting not hte substance, like who married whom in 20225 and what not.
Magatsu said:
Who will be vetoing what is good enough or not good enough of an idea to happen?

Will it be everyone having a say?
Events will have to be approved by Brigind, it is not for a single person who is not the setting leader to lead the settting, it is hers to decide which direction to take, not mine, not yours, not harrys. The Wiki is for past things, not present. I have no intent to usurp any of the powers of the magi. Something like an alien race that has mind control powers and controls the president and seneate would still have to meet the approval of Brigind.

Magatsu said:
Also, how is it 30 years of past events, isn't it 25 now, since it would atleast have to start from 2007?
I rounded, I was around when it was being talked about 2002-2003, from there to 2032 is thirty years.
Magatsu said:
Fantasy history overides, its why we call it an 'alternative' universe...unless you think mutants will be around in a scant score of years.

This is a really cool idea. Having not read everything that was posted...because I just saw it and I don't have enough time to read it all, it sounds like we could also describe individual character things such as shops and the like, or important storyline places. I think that it sounds like a grand idea! ;)

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Cloaked Woman said:
the problem with this is that it's copyrighted to Wizards. and they are already on a Wiki
The Meeting Place isn't copyrighted to Wizards, if it was... we'd never have been allowed to open it up on EN World (let alone get Wizards to provide links to our new home).

Wizards relinquished all the copyrights for ISRP created materials over to ISRP and/or the people who created them when they shut down the ISRP community. All the extra work Siani did in creating places around Ford's Keep, NPCs, etc belongs to Siani.

All the work that was done on The Meeting Place belongs to the collective ISRP community (ie it's a free for all essentially).

Wizards owns copyrights on their own published settings like Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc. So while we could create information pages about what is special about Fords Keep, we can't give you an information page giving you all the information about Greyhawk (you have to buy the books for that).

Since The Meeting Place doesn't exist in any defined Wizards setting we can legally create as much are as little as we want about the setting information provided it's not stolen from any publisher. The major concern with limiting what goes in it is we want to limit how much can conflict with other material or offend people.

Remove ads