Apparently he has quit. This from his profile status:

HolyMan
has decided to quit EnWorld and is looking for another pbp site

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Alright, I'm blowing a whistle.

FWEEEE!

Lets calm down. Holy Man's been having a lot of problems logging onto this board lately, and has said so in several threads. HOWEVER I do not accept that he'd make a decision this big and only choose to let people know via his status indicator. If he was really going to leave Enworld...including all the games he's playing, and all the games he's GM'ing, and the Living Pathfinder he helped create, he'd POST SOMETHING.

That's my belief.

I suspect he's probably mad, and upset, and turned his status indicator to read that in a fit of pique...not guessing that he'd be gone long enough that people might start taking it seriously.

That's my hope.

Let's wait and see what HM has to say when he can get back on before we start wailing and gnashing our teeth, as well as, especially, starting rumors about what may or may not be happening with him. :)

That's my plan.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ok, two things, I did say apparently, in the original post. Two this was pointed out to me when I went looking for information after not hearing from him in a week. If you check his post history other than the M&L thread, this is all he has posted in the past week.

possum

First Post
If it's true, it's certainly sad and disappointing. I enjoyed playing in his Dragonlance game and was looking forward to it converting to Pathfinder.

Walking Dad

First Post
He visited EN world today.

And no, I came up with the Living pathfinder idea*, but HolyMan and GlassEye (and other I forgot to mention) are the working horses behind it.

* actually it was the idea to replace the old 3.5 living game. I spoke about it with HM, I asked Paizo about using Golarion, got a NO and the idea of Living Pathfinder was born.

IronWolf

blank
Does anyone know what the issues he is having accessing the site are? While EN World certainly has its moments, it has been relatively accessible to me for awhile now and even without major slowdown (still not super quick, but not the molasses we've seen in the past).

Hate to see him give up in the site over what might be a client side browser issue. If we know exactly what type of issues he is seeing we might be able to help him sort them out so he can get back to posting!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fear not, my brothers. Do not be so ready to toss away your unlucky dice, but instead embrace them and love them as you do your trusty ones. Have faith, ye regretful sinners! One day the HolyMan will return to lead his followers to the HolyLand that was promised to our forefathers, those that came before 2nd edition. Indeed he will bring us to a place where you will not be judged by your past actions at the table top, nor by the color and artwork of your boxed set. Rejoice and know that your salvation will come upon the Second Coming of the HolyMan! I have spoken my peace on this, upon the Third Year of the Ascension of the Gygax!

Remove ads