To All Who Are In HolyMan's Many Games

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Fear not, my brothers. Do not be so ready to toss away your unlucky dice, but instead embrace them and love them as you do your trusty ones. Have faith, ye regretful sinners! One day the HolyMan will return to lead his followers to the HolyLand that was promised to our forefathers, those that came before 2nd edition. Indeed he will bring us to a place where you will not be judged by your past actions at the table top, nor by the color and artwork of your boxed set. Rejoice and know that your salvation will come upon the Second Coming of the HolyMan! I have spoken my peace on this, upon the Third Year of the Ascension of the Gygax!

DT, You are a nut. Certifiable at that.

Aside from that, LPF will continue on-that is the nature of a 'living' game such as this and others. His issues with logging on with En orld may have something to do with where and at what speed his is logging on. If it is at his work place, A Bob Evans Restaurant I believe, That could be the problem. I sometimes use the free wifi from the place Here halfway across the country and have the occasional blackout. As it is a business and the business end uses the same connection it may drop off on him.

I just do not know for sure.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I just do not know for sure.

None of us do until HolyMan can get on and let us know what's going on. That status is a bit of a bombshell, though, and I was taken aback when I first saw it. Which precipitated my comment to the OP and probably indirectly led to this thread. My apologies but wailing and gnashing of teeth is a spectator sport in my neck of the woods.;)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Sharing HM's Pain

I to have issues logging in at times, especially on the weekend, early mornings, ie after midnight. I am at home using AT&T DSL. However, I had problems in the past as well, when using both Clear and Virgin wireless. As if to prove the point, as of now I cannot make new posts. This was going to go in a new thread, but no luck.

The writing has been on the wall for a while now, but with HM leaving, I have no active games. Looks like it is time for me to retire from gaming. It's been fun and I feel blessed to have known and gamed with you all.

Yours Truly,
RangerJohn

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
If we are talking about Holyman then why does the title say HolyMAGE? Fix the title man!

That said if Holyman was truely quitting I think he would have mentioned it in it in the misbegotten waif thread or at least gave us the decency to post a farewell to pbping on enworld thread. Only mentioning it on his status update is very sceazy and something that seems to be only an act of frustration with wifi and connectivity issues.

Someone, if you have his email please send him a message askin what's up, and let us know..

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Titles of threads can't be edited, I wish they could. As for private messaging, this has already been tried. As far as I know the only one he has responded to is M&L. This to tell her he was looking for another site.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Titles of threads can't be edited, I wish they could. As for private messaging, this has already been tried. As far as I know the only one he has responded to is M&L. This to tell her he was looking for another site.

The person who created the OP can edit the titles of the thread*...

I have change my OOC thread titles from:

"[System] Game Genre (Recruiting)" to "[System] Game Title... (Recruiting)" to "System.. Title (Closed)" to "[System] Game Title (OOC)"

*even on tappatalk

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank

You can edit thread titles. Just edit the post, choose the Go To Advanced button and the option to edit the thread title is there. I have done it in the past and even on a much older thread before.

EDIT: ooops, looks like you already found out how to edit it!

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Someone, if you have his email please send him a message askin what's up, and let us know..

And if someone has his email address you can pass along my offer to assist with his EN World technical issue of being able to logon and view the site. Not sure how much I can do, but I can at least offer some suggestions to help out.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
And, if someone has HM's e-mail addie, tell him I will be catching up and passing his post count-even leaving him in the dust- if he does not return.

Remove ads