• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

renau1g

First Post
As Kruk's light from the shield moves around the corner, he notices something.

[sblock=Kruk]
The sight is horrifying. It appears that a pair of dwarves are consuming the corpses of their fellows. The duo looks up at you with their gore stained clothing, one has the entrails of the corpse hanging out of its mouth, while the other is currently tearing apart the spleen. Their eyes focus on you as they stand in the edge of the light spell, "Ahhh, fresh meat, come brother" the one says, throwing the spleen down and standing up.

ooc - they're in O27 & O29
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lily/Raiyek/Perception DC 21]
You hear movement from the western fork, sounds like two sets of humanoids moving your way, and then you hear the heavy, plodding footfalls of a much larger creature moving your way[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC All]
If you succeed on the perception check, or are Kruk, please roll init and it'll be surprise round[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina maintains a state of readiness.

[sblock=Perception, Initiative]But is evidently as clueless as ever...
1d20+7=11, 1d20+6=10[/sblock]
[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:18, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:21/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage, Adaptable Flanker
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily pulled a face when the light revealed their surroundings, but kept quiet. With a worried look on her face she followed behind Raiyek. Suddenly a sound caught her attention and her eyes began to grow wider, shining in the light from the sunrod.

Ee, something's coming, she whispered.

[sblock=ooc]

Heh, sounds like they've got a cave troll. :eek:

Initiative (1d20+1=5)

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Grim reacts quickly, he has a chance to act before the enemies arrive.

[sblock=ooc]
*Your DM messed up. I read the sblocks for a different creature. No surprise round, they had no ranks in stealth (especially not the big thing ;)). Oh, and Lord S has been MIA for about a week or so with no notice. He'll be NPC'd until further notice (only will use at-wills, no AP's, etc.)

Grim - you can't see any foes from your current vantage point. Map hasn't changed from last update, just that everyone heard the sounds (everyone can read the sblock)

Init:
Grim - 19 <- you're up
Bad Guys - 17
Raiyek - 15
Kruk - 15
Georg - 14
Carolina - 10
Lily - 5
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek turns towards the sound of the approaching creature, ready to once again defend his allies.
[sblock=OOC]I'm terribly sorry for being MIA for so long guys ... stupid Mass Effect 2 and my video game addiction :blush:[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm terribly sorry for being MIA for so long guys ... stupid Mass Effect 2 and my video game addiction :blush:

[sblock=ooc]
i know the feeling with the video game addiction. At least now I'm not addicted to them anymore...although I'm now addicted to pbp :)
[/sblock]

Kruk yells to the flesh eating dwarves. "You may look like one of us...but you are not. Soon you'll taste the blade of my axe!"

Remove ads