• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk tries it again. "Hold on now, we can do this Kruk." He swings again at the same zombie.

[sblock=AP]
attack: tide of iron at zombie I18: 1d20+9=27, hitting the foe for 6 and pushing him back to k29, and stepping into the spot he just vacated J27.

mark the zomble
[/sblock]

"Grim, I got one of them off you back." He spits into face of the other zombie who is currently flanking Grim on the south side in a futile attempt to distract him away from Grim.

[sblock=stats]
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The halfling weaves her up way through Lily and Georg and moves into a flanking position with Raiyek. While the zombie's attention is on him, she plunges her dagger deep into the thing's guts, and gives it a little extra twist before pulling it out.

[sblock=Actions]Move: move to G21
Standard: Sly Flourish vs. Zombie 44; 1d20+13 to hit AC 19 for 24 damage, including sneak attack (url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2392915/]oll Lookup[/url]
Minor: none[/sblock]
[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:18, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:21/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage, Adaptable Flanker
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks about and seems disappointed that the vile creatures aren't all standing together in a nice little bunch. Let these new arcane weaves strike them down. He waves his staff toward the group around Raiyek and they suddenly glance around as if hearing a cacophany of noise. Then he slams the staff to the ground and wisps of force seem to surround him. He then moves in next to Kruk, threatening the three "dwarves" with his mere presence.

[sblock=OOC] Now to try some new toys.
Standard: Enlarged Horrid Whispers at E20 (gets all 3 of them) 1d20+6=16 (vs Big Zombie Will) 1d20+6=19 (vs Z44 Will) 1d20+6=26 CRIT (vs Z51 Will) for 1d6+3=4 psychic damage and those hit are slowed and take a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends both, with aftereffect Knocked Prone) and miss is just the penalties TENT.
Minor: Guardian Blades: Until the end of the encounter or until you become unconscious, each enemy adjacent to you that makes an attack roll takes force damage equal to your intelligence modifier (+4). No enemy can take this damage more than once per turn.
Move: move to I27
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
(status=guardian blades does 4 damage to adjacent melee attackers)
Initiative: +1 Speed: 5 Passive Perception:13 Passive Insight: 18
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 30/30 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Second Wind
Staff of Defense
Guardian Blades (used)
Horrid Whispers (used)

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily moved to the middle, where she could keep an eye on both sides of the melee. Raising the skull she carried she called out to her shadowy companion and darkness raced across the roof of the tunnel and dribbled down over Georg's head forming a dark, roiling cloud there, punctuated by many eyes that would bubble to the surface then collapse back into the amorphous form.

Get that one! Lily pointed at one of the zombies and swarm of fluttering shapes, like black hunter birds rained down rained down the threatening mass, raking and clawing their target before dissolving into umbral vapor. A palpable sensation of heightened senses and blood lust emanated from thing she called Lith.

[sblock=ooc]

Heh, I can't help notice, they're not zombies 1,2, and 3 but rather things like 51 and 88.

move: move to I23

minor: Call Spirit Companion, Lith in I27, 1 square up over Georg.

standard: Watcher's Strike: vs Ref [Target: Zombie 88] (1d20+5=18)
if that hit: Damage (1d8+5=8). Until the end of Lily's next turn, she and her allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +5 bonus to Perception checks while adjacent to her spirit companion.

Reminder: Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Hungry Spirits Totem

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
Grim beats a hasty retreat, but his blades bite deep into the zombie that wounded him. "Thanks for the help! I'll watch what I run into next time!"

[sblock=mechanics]
Free: Shift to I27
Minor: Quarry Zombie 88
Standard: 1d20+9+1=13, 1d20+8=18, 1d10+2=7, 1d12+1=9, 1d6+3=4 Looks like a miss and a hit for 13.
Move: Shift to G28

[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
HP: 15/35 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 7
AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
MBA: +1 Lifedrinking Bastard Sword +9 vs AC 1d10+5

Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Hit and Run

Predatory Eye
Off-hand Strike

Jaws of the Wolf
Hunter's Privilege[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"I'll keep these ones busy!" Raiyek calls to his allies, turning to face the zombies coming from the rear. "I am your opponent, undead!" he shouts in challenge to the nearest zombie, channelling the power of Palladys through his sword as he slashes. As the attack lands he smoothly slips into the midst of the undead, giving them a tempting target.

"What!?...I don't know what type of crazy move you have in mind Lily, but I'll do what ya say. I hope ya don't mind though if I take a swipe of this one in front of me!...Hmmm...wait...I have an idea"

Kruk swings at the zombie to his southwest, but the enemy stands the dwarf up.

Kruk tries it again. "Hold on now, we can do this Kruk." He swings again at the same zombie.

"Grim, I got one of them off you back." He spits into face of the other zombie who is currently flanking Grim on the south side in a futile attempt to distract him away from Grim.

Georg looks about and seems disappointed that the vile creatures aren't all standing together in a nice little bunch. Let these new arcane weaves strike them down. He waves his staff toward the group around Raiyek and they suddenly glance around as if hearing a cacophany of noise. Then he slams the staff to the ground and wisps of force seem to surround him. He then moves in next to Kruk, threatening the three "dwarves" with his mere presence.

The halfling weaves her up way through Lily and Georg and moves into a flanking position with Raiyek. While the zombie's attention is on him, she plunges her dagger deep into the thing's guts, and gives it a little extra twist before pulling it out. The dwarf cries out in pain as it falls to the ground.

Lily moved to the middle, where she could keep an eye on both sides of the melee. Raising the skull she carried she called out to her shadowy companion and darkness raced across the roof of the tunnel and dribbled down over Georg's head forming a dark, roiling cloud there, punctuated by many eyes that would bubble to the surface then collapse back into the amorphous form.

Get that one! Lily pointed at one of the zombies and swarm of fluttering shapes, like black hunter birds rained down rained down the threatening mass, raking and clawing their target before dissolving into umbral vapor. A palpable sensation of heightened senses and blood lust emanated from thing she called Lith.

Grim beats a hasty retreat, but his blades bite deep into the zombie that wounded him. "Thanks for the help! I'll watch what I run into next time!"

The large dwarf steps forward and swings both fists at Raiyek. The first one misses, but the second one strikes true, the force of the blow leaving the elf's head spinning. It shakes the shadows from its mind, but ends up falling with a tremendous crash.

The remaining zombie next to Raiyek sees his opportunity and takes a bite, tear a wound on the exposed neck area of the paladin. The wound bleeds profusely as it rears back with the rusty cleaver, but Raiyek's armor holds true against the blade.

The other group turns attention to Georg, one of them slashing the wizard, but the blades flash up and kill the 'dwarf' as punishment.

Thinking they're smarter than that, the other two turn their attentions to Kruk. One tries to move by him, but the dwarf smacks it back with his waraxe. This leaves a small spot for the the other dwarf to move by. The both attempt to tear wounds into Kruk, one manages to grab him in the back and take a bite from his neck also. The smell of blood is in the air and the zombie on the other side moves quickly to take advantage. A vicious blow from his cleaver lops a small piece from Kruk, which the enemy catches and eats with a disgusting slurp. So disturbed by the image, Kruk leaves his back open for another cleaver strike.

Both enemies still feel Georg's blades though as they slash the enemies with their spectral energy.

[sblock=Unlocked Monster Stats]
Zombies:
AC is higher than 15, but lower than 18
Will lower than 19
Ref is lower than 18

Big Zombie:
Will is 16 (you hit it right on Georg)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Zombie 51: -4hp, Prone
Zombie 44: dead
Zombie 88: dead
Zombie 40: -13hp
Zombie 18: -10hp, marked by Kruk
Big Zombie: -4hp, Prone

Big Zombie shifts forward - does Double Attack on Raiyek - vs ac; dmg (1d20 10=12, 2d8 4=18, 1d20 10=26, 2d8 4=15) hits once for 14 damage (incl resist) and you're dazed (save ends) - save (1d20=16) saves (Proned)
Zombie 51 - bites (minor) - vs ref (1d20 6=20) hits, ongoing 5 damage (save ends) - vs ac; dmg (1d20 8=15, 1d6 3=6) basic attack misses save (1d20=10) saves, proned
Zombie 88 - attacks Georg - vs ac; dmg (1d20 8=19, 1d6 3=7) hits for 7 and takes 4 damage, dying
Zombie 40 tries to shift - vs ac; dmg (1d20 9=27, 1d10 5=8) Kruk stops him, readies an action
Zombie 18 moves - Kruk can't OA (only 1/turn) - this triggers Z40's readied action & Z18 tries to bite Kruk (minor) vs ref (1d20 8=9, 1d20 8=17) Z40 misses, Z18 hits, Ongoing 5 damage (save ends), this triggers Z40's immediate reaction + I'll roll Z18's basic attack - vs ac; dmg (1d20 10=30, 1d6 3=5, 1d20 10=25, 1d6 3=9) hits twice for 18 damage (incl a crit) (both enemies take 4 damage)

Grim: 13/35 - ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Raiyek - 25/39 - dazed (save ends), ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Georg - 23/30
Kruk - 30/48 - Ongoing 5 damage (save ends)

Init:
Grim - 19
Bad Guys - 17
Raiyek - 15 <- you're up
Kruk - 15
Georg - 14 - Guardian Blades (enemy adjacent attacking with melee attack takes 4 force dmg)
Carolina - 10
Lily - 5
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
With blood gushing from his wounds, Kruk shakes his head in order to regroup and refocus. Then Kruk eyes beem and zero in on the one who just ate his own flesh. "You'll pay for that lad" he states as he swings his axe in a high arc. The axe comes down on its target and a clap of thunder roars loudly through the cave.

[sblock=attack]
save vs ongoing damage: 15 success!

minor: second wind for 12 points
movement: none
attack: brash strike on zombie 18: 1d20+11=29 for 1d10+8 = 18 plus the thundering axe power: 1d8 = 4 for a total of 22 hp damage. No push on the thundering axe power as I want Georg to be able to keep the mobs close in case Georg has something in store for them. :)

[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48 37
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12 11
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: USED
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power USED
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]
Do you have a power/ability that let's you save against an effect at beginning of turn? If not, you'll take the 5 damage from the ongoing and be at 37 hp as saves happen at end of turn. Also, don't forget to mention that Brash Strike grants that enemy CA against you [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Kruk]
Do you have a power/ability that let's you save against an effect at beginning of turn? If not, you'll take the 5 damage from the ongoing and be at 37 hp as saves happen at end of turn. Also, don't forget to mention that Brash Strike grants that enemy CA against you [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
got it. I'll take 5 points off his hp.

Crap. I fogot about the CA against Kruk. I was going to mention it. :)
If I forget sometime in the future, Kruk gets automatically hit.
[/sblock]

Remove ads