To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The overgrown zombie's fist smashes into Raiyek's shield as it storms by, and the paladin notices that all of his allies also avoided the zombie's blows. "Hah! You'll have to do better than that!" He charges after the undead and slashes his sword across its legs, but there isn't enough power behing the blow and it merely scratches the monster's thick hide.

Looking at Kruk and his bleeding wounds, Raiyek quickly murmurs a prayer. "Palladys, help him."

Turning his attention back to the large zombie, Raiyek spots an area where its hide seems thinner. "Palladys' strength!" he calls, bathing his sword in holy light and plunging it into the weak spot.
[sblock=OOC]New set of actions, keeping as much the same as possible.

Free at start of turn: Shift to F22.

Move: to H21

Minor:
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle to let Kruk roll a save with +2 bonus.

Standard: Ardent Strike vs. big zombie: 1d20+8=18 vs. AC, 1d10+4=5 damage. If that hits, it's subject to my divine sanction (marked & 5 radiant first time it makes an attack that doesn't include me) til end of my next turn. (Used same roll, -1 for no charge.)

AP: Piercing Smite vs. big zombie: 1d20+8=25 vs. Reflex, 2d10+4=19 damage. (Same as before, just no HQ.)[sblock=Original Actions]Standard: Charge to H21, Ardent Strike vs. big zombie: 1d20+8+1=19 vs. AC, 1d10+4=5 damage. If that hits, it's subject to my divine sanction (marked & 5 radiant first time it makes an attack that doesn't include me) til end of my next turn.

Minor:
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle to let Kruk roll a save with +2 bonus.

Move:
sub for minor, Hunter's Quarry the big zombie.
AP: Piercing Smite vs. big zombie: 1d20+8=25 vs. Reflex, 2d10+4=19 damage plus Hunter's Quarry damage (1d6=4) for a total of 23 damage.
[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 22/39 +5thp, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk staggers from the repeated blows from the zombies, but the bleeding soon stops. Kruk takes a few deep breaths, then sidesteps in order to counter the zombies' advantageous position. He then attacks the already bloodied zombie to his south. His axe strikes true with a sickening thud.

[sblock=actions]

10 points damage bringing hp down to 14
save vs bleed: 1d20+2= 12

minor: Unstopable: 2d6+3 temp hp = 9

movement: move to I26

attack: brash attack on I18: 1d20+11= 29 for 1d10+8 =11 points damage. If zombie is still alive he gets combat advantage on Kruk TENT.

mark zombie if still alive
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Adverse Condition: None
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48 14 + 9 temp hp
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12 11
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: USED
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable USED
Thundering Weapon power USED
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
After Kruk gets out of the way, Georg slams his staff into the floor sending a wave of thunder into the remaining zombie(s). Back foul spawn! He tosses them back and then moves to aid his fellows against the behemoth.

[sblock=OOC] Depending on if Kruk killed one, I will attack 1 or two targets.
Standard: Thunderwave 1d20+6=17 (vs Zombie 40 Fort) maybe 1d20+5=23 (vs Zombie 18 Fort) for 1d6+5=11 (thunder damage), would push 40 to M28 and 18 to M27
Move: (assuming both pushed or dead) Walk to K23

(status=guardian blades does 4 damage to adjacent melee attackers)
Initiative: +1 Speed: 5 Passive Perception:13 Passive Insight: 18
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 30/30 Surges: 8/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands (used)
Second Wind (used)
Staff of Defense
Guardian Blades (used)
Horrid Whispers (used)

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Lily's eyes about jumped out of her head at the sight of the huge monstrosity barreling toward her. Eep! Big Zombie!

She called to Lith to come to her and ducked back out of stitched together dwarven giant's range. Pressing herself up against the wall she leveled the skull at the thing, and a host of tiny spirits poured from the sockets and jaw swarming around and through the undead behemoth. Whether because they where of this place, or because of their target, the conjured spirits seemed to filled with a great fury.

[sblock=ooc]

move: Lily shifts to J24, Lith moves to I23

standard: Haunting Spirits: vs Will [Target: Big Zombie] (1d20+5+1=26)
Crit!: Psychic Damage (1d10+11=18). Until the end of Lily's next turn, the target grants combat advantage to Carolina.

If the Big Zombie is bloodied, then AP

standard: Twin Panthers: vs Ref [Target: Big Zombe (2 attacks)] (1d20+5+3+1=20, 1d20+5+3+1=11)
if hit: Damage [Attack 1, Attack 2] (1d8+5=8, 1d8+5=6). If either one hit, until the end of Lily's next turn, she and her allies have combat advantage when making melee attacks against any enemy adjacent to her spirit companion.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood
Hungry Spirits Totem

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The nimble halfling dart past her companions, and past the golem, to get into a flanking position where she again stabs at what she thinks would be a vital spot on the horrid beast.

[sblock=Actions]Move: I20 to flank with Lily (Carolina's AC vs. OA's is 23)
Standard: Sly Flourish vs. Big Zombie; 1d20+13 (inc. +2 flanking bonus) hits AC 22 for 23 damage (Roll Lookup)[/sblock]

[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:18, Fort:12, Reflex:18, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage, Adaptable Flanker
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just need Raiyek to modify his actions as you can't use a minor/move after a charge& Grim's actions[/sblock]

Remove ads