• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Heal (1d20+9=13)

If you'll allow healing magic to affect this sort of grievous injury that might fall beyond mere hit points I would like to use call up the spirit companion and use Healing Spirt on Lily so that Lith can provide the woman with some surgeless healing.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Feel free to try any of your powers. Magical healing would likely be more effective than mere strips of cloth [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
From the cover of the doorway, Carolina looks on with her crossbow drawn. Her focus is less on the goings-on in the street, and more on the shallow nooks and darkening corners created by the setting sun.

renau1g

First Post
With Raiyek and Lily unable to staunch the blood flow, the fearless dwarven warrior applies his battlefield medical skills and stops the woman from bleeding out.

She opens her eyes weakly, she stares at Kruk with her one good eye open in fright, then sees Georg and looks even more shaken. "Who are you? Leave us alone, what more do you want from us. Your kind can go the depths of the Nine Hells!" she curses, spitting at Kruk.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek tries to keep the woman as still as possible so she doesn't undo their efforts to keep her alive. "Calm down, it's ok," he says in a soft, comforting voice. "My name is Raiyek, we're here to help."

After a moment, hoping she's calmed down somewhat, he asks her, "The dwarves did this to you? Why?"
[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy (1d20+10=14)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk wipes the spit from his face and looks back at the woman "Lass, tells us what happen so I can kill the one who did this to you!"

ooc: diplomacy check 1d20 = 3 lol...Kruk tried :)

Oni

First Post
Lily gently pushed Kruk to the side and took the woman's hands in her own.

Shhh...we're here to help you. Look at me.

Lily smiled at the woman.

See? We're not the ones that hurt you. Now concentrate on me and maybe I can help you a little more.

When Lily was sure that the woman's attention was focused on her, she surreptitiously summoned Lith behind the woman, out of the woman's sight. She quickly recited the healing spell, activating its magic with a bit of her own vitality so that her shadowy companion could do its work, and then dismissed Lith as soon as it was done.

[sblock=ooc]

I don't know if it's necessary at this points, but that was the original plan anyway, I just wanted to check if it was ok first.

summon companion, healing spirit on Lily, extra healing from Lith to woman, dismiss companion.

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
With Georg's and Raiyek's words the woman calms down somewhat, but Kruk's aggressive tone set her back and she looks on the verge of a breakdown. Luckily, Lily manages to grab her attention and when the healing energies flowed into her, the woman calmed even more.

"Thank you stranger. Who are you? Why do you travel with them?" she asks, pointing to the dwarves "They are the ones who came in here and did this, they killed my ma and pa, my little brother, even the town elders. They said we owed them tribute, that Cihuacoatl demands blood. We pleaded with them, but they wouldn't listen... they just hemmed us in and did...that" she says with a trembling voice and points to the three bodies that you now can see in the house behind her, obviously another family, likely hers, with the mother crouched protectively over her child, no more than twelve.

The sun has now reached the horizon and has begun to disappear leaving behind only the twilight dimness.

Remove ads