• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To go or not to go....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
DMC needs to show his kid a simple lesson: Rewards come from Meeting Obligations.

That message will serve the boy much better (and be much easier for a 12 year old mind to get) than "I can spoil things for my Dad" would

"Dear Diary,

Its a red-letter day- I'm circling this one on my calendar: I agreed with Teflon Billy 100% today!"

I'm currently dealing with my 12yr old cousin T***** on an extended basis- he's one of the thousands relocated by Hurricane Katrina, and now lives just down the street from me.

Now, the kid has his problems, like ADHD. However, he has his mom wrapped around his little finger, and he is a total brat. Completely disrespectful of authority, etc. A singularly unpleasant child.

Another 12 year old cousin of mine in the region is his female counterpart. Probably lit my bathroom floormats on fire (the primary of 2 suspects), almost kicked my 15 year old dog for not getting out of her way, and so forth- a little Queen of the Universe, so she thinks. And once again, her mom does not discipline her.

Neither has learned the simple lesson spelled out by TB, but both have mastered the second.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Dannyalcatraz said:
I may be smart, but I'm not omniscient. I have no idea who Sue Cook is.

Honestly!

Sue is Monte's incredibly lovely and well spoken wife whom it was my great pleasure to (briefly) meet last year.

Sue, if you're reading this, call me!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Teflon Billy said:
EN World-Gen Con was always pretty fun, but last year was just...well...just insanely fun. It never let up. The conversation was great, the friends--old and new--were awesome, the gaming was above par. Everything clicked.

So then why haven't you signed up for my Sky Galleons of Mars game? ;)

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Man, I hadn;t read the thread all the way through before posting.

Looks like, if I add my drink to the pile, you will be dead from Alcohol poisoning:)

I'll pace myself. Now if I can just get a lap dance from the GenCon nun.....

nah...I'm a-going to the Con, anyway.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
I may be smart, but I'm not omniscient. I have no idea who Sue Cook is.

Honestly!
Monte's Publisher

Attachments

• Sue_W_Cook.jpg
    Sue_W_Cook.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 47

Remove ads