• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To go or not to go....

Zencore

First Post
I went through almost exactly the same situation with my son (14). But the thing I had to take from him was internet access - mostly to World of Warcraft.

His grades where C's, D's and even F's. After talking to him repeatedly - and then trying ever carrot in the book... I eventually had to go to the stick. Ds = a week without WoW, Fs = a month.

He dug in and started working hard to get the grades up - it worked for the main part but he still had two Ds by report card time (up from Fs).

He argued that he should get a break - since he had been working so hard.

I wanted to cave in, he had been working hard, but... sorry. Rules are rules. Playing isn't a privilege, it has to be earned.

Heading into summer, the grades are still rising (I don't think he wants to risk summer break without internet access ).

Sometimes it sucks to be the badguy - but sometimes it's needed.

jester47

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I love you Aaron, but this places way too much control in the hands of the kid.

TB Says: "Queen to kings rook 5. Check and Mate Sukka!"

oooh... didn't see that one.

Yes, go to Gen Con!

Last edited:

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Yeah...I think barring some unforeseen cirumstances, I'll be there. In fact, I'm considering not even signing up for GenCon games, but gaming with ENWorlders all da time.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
DungeonmasterCal said:
Yeah...I think barring some unforeseen cirumstances, I'll be there. In fact, I'm considering not even signing up for GenCon games, but gaming with ENWorlders all da time.

A capital idea my good man. I recommend it.

DaveStebbins

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
That's my plan. Looking forward to meeting you DMC.

-Dave

Teflon Billy

Explorer
DungeonmasterCal said:

In my experience, that's really the best plan.

Remove ads