To Paladin players, what Feats do you select for your Paladins?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
reapersaurus said:
Don't take out of context, please.
In comparison to a cleric's healing ability (even at 1st level cleric), it blows.
A 1st level cleric has 3d8 +6 healing ability, and that's only dependant on having a 12 in Wis, not like the Pally's 18 in CHA.
So almost 20 points for a 1st level cleric with 12 WIS vs. 28 pts for the 7th level Pally w/ 18 CHA.

Call that inequity what you want, but don't ignore it.

Beg your pardon, but I'm taking it completely in context. You proposed taking a level of cleric and then going fighter. The 1 level of cleric gives you at most 3 cure light wounds and, what 3-4 cure minor wounds?

As a 1st level paladin the few bits of curing is useful, but it scales linearly with level, and the ability to divide it up *exactly as you want* is excellent. A players 2nd level paladin was recently able to prevent 5 people from bleeding to death with no problem and no waste just by laying on hands for 1pt on each person. with a cleric healing spell there is often wastage, when the spell cures more than is needed (or when it doesn't cure enough because the cleric rolled badly). At higher levels the paladin has excellent one-shot healing.

I'll ignore stupid comments like yours when you claim it is a useless ability. It is clearly not useless.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
2Plane Sailing:
Where do you want to spend your next ability point? are you wearing Gloves?

Problems, problems... every attribute was an odd number, and at 4th level I took +1 Con, raising it from 11 to 12. I had been rolling so badly on the HD that I needed that extra help. When he gets his next point at 8th level he will raise Cha from 17 to 18. It would be great to take the Dex from 11 to 12, but I just can't manage it yet... :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
reap, I'm REALLY sorry but when I tried to email you, my email service provider (yahoo) said hotmail/your email addy didn't LIKE me. So that's why you don't have the justicar. I tried again today, no luck. Do you have like an IM I can use? (have ICQ, Yahoo and MSN)

Well if you are the Paladin from my last party (you have all heard about him before), then you would chose:

Tracking
Ambidexterity
Two Weapon Fighting.

Yep, and then you would refuse to wear armor and only fight with a quarterstaff.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
I am currently playing a paladin of helm and enjoying it very much. I find that the most usefull feat I have at the moment is power attack, I use it every combat. i find that i am suffering from the lack of cleave as i spent my second feat on endurance for a prestige calss.

I think one of the Best prestige classes for the paladin to go into is the Templar. You get extra smiting ability (up to 3 at tenth level), weapon specialization and bonus fighter feats. You also get a respectable spell list to add tou your paladin spells. It works well with the paladin theme and fixes a lot of the combat problems I have seen discussed on these boards with regard to paladins. I plan to tke my Gnoll Paladin to Pal10/Temp10.

Dirge

Jeremy

Explorer
If I might add, with all that shield bashing ability, shield charge might be a good feat to slip in there.

As reaper can tell you, improved shield bash to knock an opponent back is good, a double damage shield charge that not only doubles shield damage but also strength, smite, divine might, and divine shield damage is a really strong tactic to pull out when you really need it.

(14 STR, 16 CHA 2d6+30 damage with that charge for a 7th level smiting paladin)

Remove ads