To Slay A Dragon in the Token System [Recruitment Ongoing]

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=79866]sehmerus[/MENTION]: Jaggers has informed Gavin that the Darnathius family has a secret hidden away in the small rural village of Hengistbury. Given the strong implication that this secret is one of great importance, may we assume that your path has led you there and pick up at that point?

[MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION]: Hengistbury has one Ranger, Brand Torek. Two questions for you: is Hector a native of Hengistbury and what is the nature of his relationship with Brand?

doghead

thotd
[MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION]: Hengistbury has one Ranger, Brand Torek. Two questions for you: is Hector a native of Hengistbury and what is the nature of his relationship with Brand?

One ranger. OK, will need to rework my background a bit. I was thinking native of the area. But perhaps his grandparents moved there before Hector's parents were born, so Hector would be considered native, but not yet 'local' (that might take a few more generations). Or is it the other way around. Anyway, native or came to area from elsewhere if that works better. Perhaps sent there to study under Torek. Not sure how formalised the ranger organisation is in the setting.

thotd

Rune

Once A Fool
Torek answers to the local Lord, who really doesn't have need of a whole organization of Rangers. Torek could certainly have taken on an apprentice, however.

sehmerus

First Post
Gavins quest begins

Gavin Would head out to the town as anticipated, However he would send a servant ahead of him to arrange his room at the inn (must be a certain quality for Gavin to keep up his presence.) the Servant is also instructed to gather any information via rumors and people of interest and report their findings with Gavin when he arrives.

to clarify Gavins Traits=
Misdirection: forcing a mark to focus on something irrelevant and forgetting about something relevant, this has 2 common uses 1- Sleight of Hand (pick pocket, Card Tricks) as well as 2= Feinting a physical attack to dodge attacks, tho the Disadvantage Im giving Gavin is it can only be used against a single mark at a time (I cannot misdirect more than one attack at a time, when outnumbered.

Fencing: unlike choosing swords, Knives. Fencing is an art that encompasses all one handed weapons and their use in one-on-one combat. the advantage of the Fencing trait is that it covers all one handed blade weapons,but the disadvantage Is that it only applies to one-on-one combat. when out numbered a Fencing master must devote his attention to a single target at a time whether it is offensively or defensively.

Noble Influence: this represents the political station and wealth of Gavins inheritance , it could be anything from Getting favors from commoners, acquiring servants with retainers, or paying with the Family Marker/Tab. two negatives to this trait are when Gavin is on the wrong side of the reputation of his royal house, or when using his influence fails it could cause the reputation of the nobles to fall into a negative outlook

Rune

Once A Fool
Gavin Would head out to the town as anticipated, However he would send a servant ahead of him to arrange his room at the inn (must be a certain quality for Gavin to keep up his presence.) the Servant is also instructed to gather any information via rumors and people of interest and report their findings with Gavin when he arrives.

Tell me a little more about the servant.

sehmerus

First Post
Gavins Servant "Chadsworth"

Gavins Chosen Servant would Be Chadsworth. an older butler type who is well fluent in business and diverse in languages abroad, also knows the little things that Gavin likes as far as food, Room conditions, and the like. Weather or not Chadsworth is loyal to the family, or to Jaggers is unknown for certain of Gavin, all he knows that since he was a boy Chadsworth has been there for him. Chadsworth background is purposely a mystery. as many times as Gavin has implored him to give him even the slightest ear of a tail, Chadsworth often changes the subject of finds task needed to be done far away. But in the years Gavin knows no other who has seem to either know, or experienced as much adventures in their "young days" as what he invasions Chadsworth. A current wager going around the Darnathius estate as to which profession Chadsworth was before coming to work off his dept to Gavins Great Great Grandfather. gavin has his money on Pirate King. others think Royal Protectorate of the King. but until Chadsworth wishes to talk, or is tricked to do so. No one will ever know.

OOC: Chadsworth is Gavins primary go to servant, he is half Alfred and half Shepard Book. a Butler who seems to have an awful lot of military, and political history. as to Chadsworth actual backstory i will leave that to the narrator. and as a player would rather be left in the dark unless it becomes relevant to the story. (i guess i would like to learn the same time Gavin does) Chadsworth employs various other servants of little consequence to Gavin. to do the mediocre tasks of cleaning and taking care of stuff. Chadsworth is unlike Servants in that he has developed a relationship with Gavin since he was a boy, and is not afraid in inform Gavin when he is being childish, fool hearty, and or unwise. Chadsworth prides himself in his studies of cultures and often shares this knowledge with Gavin as his tutor.
portrait_21.jpg

Bloody Feather

First Post
I'll be your huckleberry

I'll play your game Rune. I'll be playing an Elven mage. I'll get the details in later but here is the character.

Name: Pantsyfants
Race: Elf
Magic:2
Lore:1
Elf Racial Traits:1

doghead

thotd
Hey Rune,

Still here, been lurking. I am assuming that you will create an IC thread once you are ready to roll.

Welcome Bloody Feather. Panstyfants?

thotd

Bloody Feather

First Post
Thanks for the welcome:)

Hey Doghead, thanks for the welcome. I am a long time player, but this is my first online game. As for the name, I tend to play elves, and when I told Rune I would be joining his online game He asked if I would be playing one of my fancy pants elves again. Of course, I think the fancyness of the pants are irrelevant, it's is the hero inside them that matters (but for the record, the pants are gorgeous).

Bloody Feather

First Post
Character Description

Pancyfants is a 125 year old wood elf (I'm basing that on the typical suggested age for a young adult elf in DnD, let me know if that won't jive). His magical focuses are abjuration, conjuration, and divination. Pancyfants is the child of an tailor named Springwine (dad) and a Loremaster's assistant (mother) named Late Blossom. Showing a natural disposition for investigation, and a talent for magic, Pancyfants spent much of his youth under the wing of his much older sister Moss who taught him every thing he knows about magic. His humble background has inspired strong ambition, causing Pancyfants to seek out opportunities to help solve problems as a child in his forest village of Silver Thicket. Upon reaching adulthood, his ambition turned to wanderlust and Pancyfants left Silver Thicket to begin a career in adventuring. His goal is to bring renown to his family by becoming a famous adventurer. He stands 6 feet 3 inches tall with a slender build, brown hair that is kept braided (french style, not corn rows), wears azure robes and walks with a staff made from driftwood.

Remove ads