To Slay A Dragon in the Token System [Recruitment Ongoing]

Rune

Once A Fool
Hey Rune,

Still here, been lurking. I am assuming that you will create an IC thread once you are ready to roll.

Welcome Bloody Feather. Panstyfants?

thotd

Yes. This will be soon. In the meantime, I wanted to tell you that, as Warden, Brand Torek also serves as Sheriff and has a few part-time deputies. Would Hector be one of these?

doghead

thotd
Yes. This will be soon. In the meantime, I wanted to tell you that, as Warden, Brand Torek also serves as Sheriff and has a few part-time deputies. Would Hector be one of these?

Sure. I think that in one of the first drafts of the character I mentioned Law as an Attribute of interest. Serving as a part time deputy would fit the bill nicely.

thotd

doghead

thotd
... Of course, I think the fancyness of the pants are irrelevant, it's is the hero inside them that matters (but for the record, the pants are gorgeous).

Good response. Made me laugh. Might have to look into getting something gorgeous for Hector.

Still, Hector is not going to call anyone Pantsyfants. I am going to have to come up with something else for him to use.

thotd

Rune

Once A Fool
Okay, we're just about ready to go. I'd just like to generate one more background related hook from each of you.

[MENTION=79866]sehmerus[/MENTION], [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6694751]Bloody Feather[/MENTION], we will begin with the assumption that each of your characters has been in town for at least some small amount of time.

Could each of you please choose one other player's character and tell us one rumor your character has heard about him?

sehmerus

First Post
Gavins Rumor

Over the course of his travels Gavin has heard a Rumor that Pansyfants is actually an Elven Heir who is venturing away from his society of elven culture to be more of a free spirit. weather or not this is accurate Gavin does not know, but he must assume it is true, because if it proves to be true it makes him a powerful ally, and if it is not true then maybe the rumor alone will pre send him being an ally as a possible advantage.

Bloody Feather

First Post
Pancyfants's Rumor

Gavins mysterious servant Chadsworth bears a striking resemblance to a man who who would trade in exotic fabrics with Pancyfants's father, when Pancyfants was much younger. If it is the same person, he was known as a renowned sailor and adventurer, Captain of the vessel The Weeping Dutchess, and should by all means be incredibly wealthy and enjoying a cushy retirement somewhere. This would suggest Chadsworth has either lost his fortune, or acts as a servant to Gavin for some unknown loyalty to his family, of course, that is if it is the same person.....

doghead

thotd
Goblins, kobolds, and the like are certainly legend to most locals. If you think one of your attributes might give you a more skilled assessment, go ahead and make your case and your bid.

Well this seems like as good a time as any to find out what I don't know.

My first thought was I don't really know how important the "sighting" is, if it is at all, so have no idea what the "payoff for success would be." But after some thought, I realised that I needed to think about it differently.

So - Hector's focus is currently on the Wardens task. But he likes Adriane which makes her significant in a narrative sense. So is the possibility of something lurking around the village. His Hunting 2 seems appropriate here - he would have more than the ordinary level of experience of things that lurk and prowl. So I would bid 1 token, with the pay-off being ... and this is where I still struggle. This is harder than a knowledge check!

Ok. how about this - the payoff for success is that Hector gives the information an appropriate priority allowing him to act in a timely manner if necessary.

thotd

Remove ads