To Slay A Dragon in the Token System [Recruitment Ongoing]

Rune

Once A Fool
Well this seems like as good a time as any to find out what I don't know.

My first thought was I don't really know how important the "sighting" is, if it is at all, so have no idea what the "payoff for success would be." But after some thought, I realised that I needed to think about it differently.

So - Hector's focus is currently on the Wardens task. But he likes Adriane which makes her significant in a narrative sense. So is the possibility of something lurking around the village. His Hunting 2 seems appropriate here - he would have more than the ordinary level of experience of things that lurk and prowl. So I would bid 1 token, with the pay-off being ... and this is where I still struggle. This is harder than a knowledge check!

Ok. how about this - the payoff for success is that Hector gives the information an appropriate priority allowing him to act in a timely manner if necessary.

thotd

I know that it's probably not how things are done for most play-by-post games, but I would really like to keep all of action resolution in the other thread. For a few reasons (if you're interested):

• Because recruitment for this game will be ongoing until the game concludes, I don't want anyone to feel like they may need slog through a whole bunch of pages in this thread just to sign up (nor do I want to accidentally miss someone!).

• I'd like for anyone reading the game to have a clearer understanding of what they're reading and how it works.

• I'm doing most of my writing on a tablet and it's a lot easier for me not to have to switch back and forth between tabs in my browser while I'm doing so.

If you would kindly repost your bid over in the other thread, I'll respond there.

Oh, and I'm still looking for that rumor!

doghead

thotd
[MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION]:

Any chance of a rumor any time soon?

Yeah, sorry.

I ran into a bit of a wall with this one. It has also been pretty busy, and I have been struggling a bit just to hold my own at the moment in the IC threads, let alone get ahead of the game. Things should be a little quieter over the next few days, and I managed to get a reasonably decent night sleep. So hopefully I should have something soon.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Okay, we're just about ready to go. I'd just like to generate one more background related hook from each of you.

[MENTION=79866]sehmerus[/MENTION], [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6694751]Bloody Feather[/MENTION], we will begin with the assumption that each of your characters has been in town for at least some small amount of time.

Could each of you please choose one other player's character and tell us one rumor your character has heard about him?

We kind of skipped over the assumption that each of your characters has been in town for at least some small amount of time and went straight to introductions. So rather than a rumour heard, I went more with background related hooks. Purely suggestions of course ...

Gavin

Gavin's father was betrayed by his elder sister, Gavin's aunt. She had hopes, with the disgrace of her brother, the title would fall to her (It didn't work out as planned, but the Aunt is not finished yet). Jagger knows this because it was he that acted as the middle man. Jagger has told Gavin the former, but not the latter. Jagger is playing the long game, one day he hopes to be ennobled and leave behind the life of a thief.

Pancyfants aka Slim

Pancyfants didn't so much choose to leave Silver Thicket as was encouraged to do so. He just didn't 'fit in'. Well breed elves were not supposed to be so nosy (not everyone appreciated the young elf's efforts at 'problem solving'), nor to make friends with a wolf rider from one of the nearby goblin tribes.

Rune

Once A Fool
We kind of skipped over the assumption that each of your characters has been in town for at least some small amount of time and went straight to introductions. So rather than a rumour heard, I went more with background related hooks. Purely suggestions of course ...

Gavin

Gavin's father was betrayed by his elder sister, Gavin's aunt. She had hopes, with the disgrace of her brother, the title would fall to her (It didn't work out as planned, but the Aunt is not finished yet). Jagger knows this because it was he that acted as the middle man. Jagger has told Gavin the former, but not the latter. Jagger is playing the long game, one day he hopes to be ennobled and leave behind the life of a thief.

Pancyfants aka Slim

Pancyfants didn't so much choose to leave Silver Thicket as was encouraged to do so. He just didn't 'fit in'. Well breed elves were not supposed to be so nosy (not everyone appreciated the young elf's efforts at 'problem solving'), nor to make friends with a wolf rider from one of the nearby goblin tribes.

I'll take those as rumors (an approach I wanted to take to give you all--and me--a sense of how the community views your characters).

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION], [MENTION=79866]sehmerus[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6694751]Bloody Feather[/MENTION], the game continues!

doghead

thotd
Still very quiet around here. So what are you thinking [MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION]? I am quite keen to see how this system works, as well as give TSaD a run. It would be a shame to see this game die. But at the moment it seems to be dying a death of a thousand silences.

thotd

sehmerus

First Post
Email box is empty

I'm still here, just haven't had any activity in the inbox I was thinking maybe doing a game over at roll20.com. Or fantasy grounds or something?? I might even be able to try and run it ( best way to Lear a system is run it) lol tho I'd only wanna do it if the system author was to join and be able to critique me while playing so I completely understand the system.

doghead

thotd
Try checking the Playing the Game forum now and then. Or check your Settings page (top right corner, next to the log out button) when you log in. It will list every subscribed thread that has updated since you last read the thread.

thotd

Remove ads