D&D 5E [ToA] Chult-appropriate reincarnation table

CapnZapp

Legend
I'm thinking a ruthlessly Chultian table, containing as few of the standard PHB races as possible, yet still contains at least 14 entries (like the regular Reincarnate table).

Edit:
Chult Reincarnation

d100 - Race:
01-04 Aarakocra
05-13 Lizardman
14-21 Dwarf, albino
22-25 Pterafolk
26-34 Grung, red or orange caste*
35-42 Elf, Wild (Grugach)
43-46 Vegepygmy
47-52 Tabaxi
53-56 Firenewt
57-60 Kobold
61-68 Halfling, Ghostwise
69-76 Goblin, Batiri
77-96 Human, Chultian
97-00 Yuan-ti, Pureblood
*) red caste for spellcasters, orange for warriors (everybody else)

ENWorld, what's your Chult Reincarnation table? :)

PS. In a different thread I got the perfectly reasonable advice to exempt Reincarnate the spell from the module's Curse.

That is: while Raise Dead et al does not function on a hero that gets herself killed, a Chult-appropriate reincarnation would.

This makes Reincarnate a potentially valuable tool for any campaign where the curse would otherwise debilitate a fallen character.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
For reference, the original 5E Reincarnate table:

d100 - Race:
01-04 Dragonborn
05-13 Dwarf, hill
14-21 Dwarf, mountain
22-25 Elf, dark
26-34 Elf, high
35-42 Elf, wood
43-46 Gnome, forest
47-52 Gnome, rock
53-56 Half-Elf
57-60 Half-Orc
61-68 Halfling, Lightfoot
69-76 Halfling, stout
77-96 Human
97-00 Tiefling

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Reincarnate

Yaarel

He Mage
I would handle Reincarnation in this way.

The player chooses 4 player races, each one with the DMs approval (thus ensuring the races are setting appropriate).

Roll d6.

A result of 6 on the d6, means the player character comes back as the same race, with only cosmetic differences.

2 thru 5, each result means one of the races that the player selected, respectively.

A 1 on the d6, means DMs choice. The DM can be nice and give the player what he or she really wants. Or the DM can be evil and give a race that is neither the same race nor one of the four choices.

MonkeyWrench

Explorer
Off the top of my head:
Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Lizardfolk
Tabaxi
Feral Dwarf - I seem to recall there being a lost tribe of dwarves who'd reverted to primitive tribalism

Remove ads