Todd's Free Character art thread. Again.

Pbartender

First Post
Alright, here's Mkhai, a Khemeti (Egyptian) ex-slave, ex-gladiator...

[sblock]"Cold, mouthy, proud, loyal, trustworthy, devout, fearless."

Beliefs:

1. This life is but a dream. The dreaming me lies within the afterlife.
2. When I die, I will be remembered as a hero.
3. Your plan will fail, what will you do then? Always have a backup plan ...and a way out.

Instincts:

1. True friends deserve the most profound sacrifice.
2. Never turn your back.
3. Never fight fair. End it as quickly as possible.

Physical Description:

Mkhai stands just under five and one half feet tall, His skin is a deep bronze tone weathered from sun and sand, and dark black eyes that rarely convey any emotion other than wariness. His head is mostly shaved, but he does have a long braid, topknot-style, of black hair that hangs down to his shoulders. Demotic tattoos stitch across the back of his head above a stylized symbol of a black scarab. He wears a light sand-colored leather armor studded with dark steel nubs, and his left arm carries a heavy steel shield that also carries the scarab motif. On his right hip hangs an ivory-hilted scimitar, the blade etched with more Dometic symbols and heiroglyphs. His body is very muscular, a large chest and shoulders coupled with hefty arms. Darkened steel bands encircle his wrists and just above his elbow, polished to a gentle sheen.

Personal History:

Mkhai started his journey in life as a worker of a caravan operating in the north of Khemet. It was a fated night that found his caravan under attack, most of the caravan party either lay dead or in chains of the slavers who had befallen them. The next seven months were spent in the pits of Tiberium, a slave whose only recourse was to fight for his life in the arena for the masses. It was made quite clear to the new crop of gladiators that their training was their salvation, and Mkhai took that message to heart. He exercised and practiced well into each night, and absorbed all of the wisdom of the veteran gladiators educating them. When his final fight was called, it was called in a draw. Both he and his opponent were awarded the wooden swords of gladiators who have earned freedom. It is a moment that now stands memorialized in marble outside the arena itself.

His next three years were spent taking bounties and selling his sword as a mercenary for causes that he could stand behind, all the while searching for clues to the slaver caravan that ambushed him and his cohorts those years ago in the northern Khemeti desert along the Nile.

Game Statistics:

MKHAI
Male Khemeti
Level 1 Man-At-Arms

TRAITS
Brave: Immune to fear effects.
Perceptive: Free chance to notice disguises, concealed weapons and such...

ABILITIES
Str 17, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 16

COMBAT
Base Defense Bonus: +1
Defense: 17 (Passive +2, Active +5)
DR: 1d3+1 (studded leather armor)
Hit Points: 12
Reserve Points: 12

Base Attack Bonus: +1
Attack: Scimitar +4 (1d6+3 18-20/x2)
Initiative: +3

FEATS & ABILITIES
Armor Mastery I: Gain a +1 DR bonus to armor checks.
Shield Mastery I: Gain a +1 active bonus to defense when you gain a defense bonus from a shield.
Weapon Focus (Scimitar) I: Gain a +1 bonus to attacks with scimitars.

SKILLS
24 of 24 skill points spent.

Skill Groups: Agility 4, Perception 4, Wilderness Lore 4

Balance +7/4, Escape Artist +7/4, Tumble +7/4, Listen +4/4, Search +4/4, Sense Motive +4/4, Spot +4/4, Handle Animal +7/4, Ride +7/4, Survival +4/4, Use Rope +7/4, Bluff +5/2, Gather Information +7/4, Intimidate +5/2, Hide +5/2, Move Silently +5/2

EQUIPMENT
Khopesh (scimitar), kukri, javelins (3), bola, studded leather armor, heavy shield.[/sblock]

Agnar Gudrod, a Thulish (Skandinavian) ex-viking, ex-gladiator and friend of Mkhai...

[sblock]"Bold, steadfast, intimidating, impetuous, scarred, cantankerous, trusting."

Beliefs:

1. True warriors do not die from old age, they die in a blaze of glory battling their enemies.
2. My actions in this life profoundly influence my station in the afterlife.
3. Life is a struggle; obstacles are there to be overcome, not avoided.

Instincts:

1. Fight now, ask questions later
2. Never leave a friend behind
3. Never pass up an excuse to have a drink

Physical Description:

7 foot 6 inches tall. 240 pounds. Shoulder length dark blond hair; generally unkempt and free flowing. Dark blue eyes. Skin tone – fairly pale, though suffering from the effects of sunburn.

His face is fairly stern looking with a jutting jaw and high cheekbones His nose is rather flat and somewhat crooked, as if it were broken by a heavy staff. There is a long deep scar which travels from just under his right eye down towards his lower lip. His teeth are in generally good shape with the exception of two missing teeth on his right side. He would be very handsome were it not for the scar and missing teeth.

His body is very muscular without being bulky or in anyway impacting his agility. There is very little fat anywhere on his body. Various scars of different shapes and sizes decorate his body. He has obviously been in many battles and taken more than a few hits.

Finding the temperature warm compared to his native Thule, Agnar generally wears a light short sleeve red tunic cinched at the waist by a large leather belt holding a few small pouches. His pants are grayish and form fitting so as not to get in his way during combat. Strapped to his back is a Large sized greatsword and several Large sized javelins.

Personal History:

Agnar Gudrod was born on the northwestern coast of Thule. His mother died during childbirth. Agnar’s father blamed him for her death and was constantly beating Agnar. One day, Agnar could take no more abuse and responded by taking a club to his father. The hit killed his father. Scared, he grabbed his father’s greatsword and went down the coast. He made it south several hundred miles before managing to convince a trading ship to take him along as a rower.

Over the next several years, Agnar worked on a number of different merchant ships. Agnar grew considerably and developed incredible strength from the constant rowing. One day during a run within the Middle Sea, Agnar’s ship was stopped by Tyrrhenian war ships and accused of piracy. It was a lie but there was nothing Agnar or the rest of the crew could do against the obviously superior force. Agnar was herded into the hull of one the warships. Several days later, he was sold into the gladiatorial arenas and told to give the crowd a thrill before dying.

Agnar survived the battles. One day, he could tell the crowd was excited about his match against another performer. The battle was exciting with neither gaining an advantage. Soon there came continual applause and calls for them to be freed. The two fought on, dazzling the crowd. Suddenly two wooden swords were tossed into the arena signifying freedom. They immediately stopped fighting, picked up the swords and exited as free men.

Game Statistics:

AGNAR GUDROD
Male Thule
Level 1 Berserker

TRAITS
Mighty Build: Wield weapon up to one size category larger than normal without penalty.
Tall: Gain +2 bonus when making grapple checks. Threaten one additonal square.

ABILITIES
Str 17, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 12

COMBAT
Base Defense Bonus: +0
Defense: 14 (Passive +0, Active +4)
DR: 1d4 (berserker DR)
Hit Points: 14
Reserve Points: 14

Attack: Large Greatsword +4 (3d6+4 19-20/x2)
Initiative: +4

FEATS & ABILITIES
Cleave I: Gain extra melee attack after dropping target.
Power Attack I: Trade attack penalty for damage bonus.
Fury Pool: Gain access to the fury token pool.
Berserker Strength: Spend 2 fury tokens to gain a +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution.
Suicidal Assault: Gain +1 to attack and -1 to base defense bonus for each fury token spent.

SKILLS
20 of 20 skill points spent.

Skill Groups: Athletics 4

Climb +7/4, Jump +7/4, Swim +7/4, Hide +8/4, Move Silently +8/4, Survival +6/4, Tumble +8/4

EQUIPMENT
Large greatsword.
[/sblock]

Jendara, the orphan who was lifted out of the Tartessian (a wealthy "Spanish" city-state) gutter.

[sblock]"Confident, Lithe, Quick-Thinking, Persistant, Pragmatic, Resourceful, and Tall."

Beliefs:

1. Tartessos is the cultural center of the world.
2. Senex Thaumaturgicus can do no wrong.
3. No obstacle is insurmountable.

Instincts:

1. Always know where the back door is.
2. Never let them see you sweat.
3. Help those who help themselves.

Physical Description:

Calm confidence is evident in her stide, a direct gaze and an easy smile add to this impression – only the most careful of observers note that the smile does not reach her eyes. The same careful observer might notice the sword-practice induced scars and calouses on her hands.

Long dark hair pulled back in a simple braid, utilitarian clothing in sand tones – ofset by a crimson scarf. Slightly battered shield, well-worn scabbard with a plain-hilted sword, and scuffed thigh-high boots complete her outfit. Her clothing and gear appears well-used, even slightly beat-up at first glance; a careful appraisal shows that although none of it is new, all of it is in good condition and very well cared for.

Tall and lithe, with copper-colored skin. High cheekbones and large dark eyes help her to maintian the impression of helplessness when it is convienient to do so. When she is angered or frightened, her eyes betray a glint of steely determination and her softly intoned orders are delivered with the calm assurance of someone who takes for granted that their commands will be followed.
Jendara habitually carries lock-picks in a small pocket inside her belt. She generally chooses not to wear a cloak, cape, or headgear – but will do so if the weather is hazardous. She favors snug-fitting breeches and shirts with flowing sleeves, has a fondness for vests – especially if they have interior pockets, and always has at least one scarf on her person.She wears no jewelry.

Personal History:

Jendara grew up on the streets of Tartessos, she has no recolections of family or other adult caretakers.

She was about twelve years old when she first encountered the Senex. She failed to escape with her partner after they picked the Senex's pockets – she was the "bump" part of a "bump and grab" team; her "grab" partner didn't stop (nor look back) when she was caught – not that Jen expected him to. The first two rules for surviving on the streets were 'don't get caught' and 'always look out for yourself first' and Jen understood those rules quite clearly – besides, she would have kept walking had Cat gotten nabbed.

For reasons he has not choosen to reveal, the Senex did not send Jendara to the goal as she expected – truth be told, she wouldn't have minded much, rumor had it that they fed you if you were thrown in jail. She was instead placed in a home for orphans, and later in a school for young ladies (whose parents would have been quite unhappy to learn how the Senex had acquired his ward, had that information been shared with them). Tutors were arranged, both in traditional studies and in swordplay. After 'graduation' Jendara began to work most commonly as a guide or body-guard for merchants visiting Tartessos. From time to time the Senex has a commission for Jen to undertake; she always obeys his instructions in these matters to the letter; giving him undivided and unquestioning loyalty.

Game Statistics:

JENDARA

Female Tartessian
Level 1 Man-At-Arms

TRAITS
City Rat (Bravo): Bonus to Survival within a city; Sneak Attack +1d6.
Inspiring Presence: Three times per day, grant an ally a morale bonus.

ABILITIES
Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 17

COMBAT
Defense: 15 (Passive +3, Active +2)
DR: 1d2 (leather armor)
Hit Points: 12
Reserve Points: 12

Attack: Bastard sword +3 (1d10+3 19-20/x2)
Attack: Shortbow +2 (1d6 20/x3, 60 ft.)
Initiative: +1

FEATS & ABILITIES
Sneak Attack: +1d6 damage bonus when flanking or against flat-footed targets.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword): Suffer no nonproficiency penalty on attack rolls with bastard swords.
Healing Lore I: +4 bonus on Heal checks. Increased restored reserve points by +2.
Overwhelming Presence I: Use a move action to gain your Charisma bonus (+3) as an active bonus to defense.

SKILLS
36 of 36 skill points spent.

Skill Groups: Academia 4, Perception 4, Social 4

Appraise +7/4, Concentration +6/4, Decipher Script +7/4, Heal +10/4, Knowledge (Arch/Eng, Local, Geography, History, Nob/Roy) +7/4, Speak Language +7/4, Listen +6/4, Search +7/4, Sense Motive +6/4, Spot +6/4, Bluff +7/4, Diplomacy +7/4, Gather Information +7/4, Intimidate +7/4, Balance +3/2, Climb +4/2, Disable Device +5/2, Hide +4/3, Jump +4/2, Move Silently +4/3, Open Lock +3/2, Ride +3/2, Tumble +3/2

EQUIPMENT
Bastard sword, heavy steel shield, shortbow, arrows (20), leather armor, thieves tools.[/sblock]

Yseulte, an aspiring witch from Prydain (England).

[sblock]"Superstitious, Insightful, Creative, Proud, Intuitive, Knowledge-seeking, Sage."

Beliefs:

1. Let them think whatever they want; in the end, everything comes down to perception and anything can be justified.
2. All knowledge is worth having... the only issue is the price.
3. Never allow an insult against my honour to go without answer.

Instincts:

1. Always use strategy before resorting to physical force.
2. Always preserve magic of Atlantis or magic that predates the Diluvian War.
3. Never leave magic in the hands of those who aren't wise enough or responsible enough to control it.

Physical Description:

Smoldering ruby ringlets are usually her first feature to gain notice: narrow plaits painstakingly divide perfectly arranged spirals, held fast at her crown by gilded amethyst clips. The rest falls in various states of meditated disarray away from her oval face to her waist, save for a few tendrils hanging in front of brilliantly liquid silver eyes and caressing high-boned cheeks blushed by rose and a smattering of freckles reaching across the bridge of her nose. Lips rouged pale pink are full enough to be aesthetically pleasing without drawing notice from those brilliant eyes. True to her breeding, her pointed chin, smooth alabaster complexion and unflaggingly dignified bearing all set her apart from the norm. Beyond this, her lithe figure, neither tall nor short, is bedecked only in traditional Prydani clothes of homespun cottons.

Thus are her robes: delicate gossamer webs, like spun pearl, sheet over a sheer skirt of russet red to the ankles. A row of bangles clink upon slender wrists, their rhythm unimpeded by her sleeves. An intricate necklace of amethyst-studded silver adorns her slim throat and shoulders. A sash of raw silk dyed ecru wraps around her torso, underlining her bodice sprinkled with a beaded outline forming coils and interlocking mazes upon her breast. Her bodice is worn on top, its neck cut in a square revealing the cut of her collarbone. Over this, she wears a plain-spun grey wool cloak complete with hood lined in pure ebon, its weave an art.

Personal History:

Descended from powerful witches, Ygraine never truly belonged to Lyonesse society: her blood marked her out. Some claimed her cursed or born of unnatural magic. Her mother abandoned her young, returning to Prydain to practice powerful magic, leaving Ygraine in her aunt's care. Legacy meant everything in her formative years and she studied intently on every subject put in front of her.

She studied feared arts under careful scrutiny, learning to brew elixirs and potions. People watched her uneasily, knowing her lineage and whispering of taint and curses, thus she never made close connections with others. Girls her age feared or envied her. She embraced her differences in her isolation; proud and defiant, she acted every bit a lady with arrogance to match.

Time and again her aunt refused to teach her magic for various reasons: too young, undisciplined, unfit. Every year brought small, new challenges but truthfully, she was sheltered. She enjoyed few moments to pursue interests outside honing mind and body to peak fitness, though she only learned why into her seventeenth year. Myrddin – Merlin – the Senex would put her training to use.

Game Statistics:

YSEULTE

Female Prydani
Level 1 Executioner

TRAITS
Brave: Immune to fear effects.
Shadowborn (precognitive): Ask for a clue once per session.

ABILITIES
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 14

COMBAT
Defense: 14 (Passive +0, Active +4)
DR: 1d3 (studded leather armor)
Hit Points: 11
Reserve Points: 11

Attack: Dagger +4 (1d4+2 19-20/x2, 10 ft.)
Attack: Shortbow +4 (1d6 20/x3, 60 ft.)
Initiative: +3

FEATS & ABILITIES
Sneak attack: +1d6 damage bonus when flanking or against flat-footed targets.
Razor Fiend I: Gain an addition attack when fighting with daggers.
Weapon Finesse I: Apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls with finesse or light weapons.

Execution Pool: Gain access to the execution token pool.
Executioner's Eye: Gain execution tokens with a successful Sense Motive check.
Hindering Cut: Spend execution tokens to inflict a -1 penalty to attack, defense or speed.

SKILLS
36 of 36 skill points spent.

Skill Groups: Athletics 4, Perception 4, Stealth 4

Climb +6/4, Swim +6/4, Jump +6/4, Listen +5/4, Search +7/4, Sense Motive +5/4, Spot +5/4, Hide +7/4, Move Silently +7/4, Bluff +4/2, Concentration +7/4, Escape Artist +4/1, Heal +3/2, Knowledge (arcana) +7/4, Perform (sing) +4/2, Ride +5/2, Spellcraft +4/3, Tumble +7/4

EQUIPMENT
Daggers (2), halberd, rapier, shortbow, studded leather armor.[/sblock]

Last edited:

smootrk

First Post
I would really like to see a rendition of my Warforged Variant for the Forgotten Realms (the Soulforged, which you can see in my signature). It is a Thayan take on the whole Warforged idea. If you had the time, you could do two (or one pic with 2 figures in it); one as a Thayan Knight type, and the other as a Black Flame Zealot of Kossuth.

You have complete freedom of expression otherwise. I would just love to have an artist's take on the idea.

Ilium

First Post
Avardis is a wizard and Champion of the goddess Sokhmet from the distant land of Khemet (Egyptian flavor). He is sojourning in the north in pursuit of a vision.

He is fairly tall and lean. His skin has faded to a coffee color here in the North and he wears his black hair in neat medium-long dreadlocks. Avardis' heritage is clearly not entirely human, as attested by his almond-shaped, violet eyes.

Though he is a wizard, he began his training as a champion of Sokhmet and bears armor and a large blade from his homeland.

Game terms: Avardis is an Aasimar Paladin1/Wizard9. He wears half-plate armor and carries a bastard sword in a curvy egyptian style.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Well, it's been a while since I posted this thread and I thought I'd explain. See, for Christmas I do drawings for gifts (as well as gift cards) and I was doing those instead of anything proposed here. That is probably going to be determining factor, what i feel like doing, as to what order things get done. If at all.

Fair warning.

SwordinStone.jpg

Queen.gif

King.gif

ScorpionChampion.jpg

Potter_Mouse.jpg

Lalato

Adventurer
I'm really diggin the sword in the stone and the mouse wizard. I have a friend that makes her own Christmas cards, but she doesn't draw. She uses different types of paper and all sorts of bits to make these elaborate cards.

--sam

Remove ads