• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tokiwong's 3.5 Game: Chapter 1 (The Swarm)

Tokiwong

First Post
The creatures seem to recoil slightly from the advances, but finally one walks closer to Bjorn, and cocks what looks like the head with the opal like eyes at him. It makes the sound of rumbling earth, and crouches seeming at ease with the lowering of weapons. The figure in front of Bjorn pauses looking at the half-elf priest.

While the other figure stands about five feet from Jalban, looking up the large half-orc with a curious manner, but does not approach and seems somewhat protective of the mine entrance, always keeping itself between him and the mine entrance.

Tokiwong

First Post
The creatures seem to recoil slightly from the advances, but finally one walks closer to Bjorn, and cocks what looks like the head with the opal like eyes at him. It makes the sound of rumbling earth, and crouches seeming at ease with the lowering of weapons. The figure in front of Bjorn pauses looking at the half-elf priest.

While the other figure stands about five feet from Jalban, looking up the large half-orc with a curious manner, but does not approach and seems somewhat protective of the mine entrance, always keeping itself between him and the mine entrance.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Kerrik stays away from the rocky creatures guarding the entrance to the mines. So, I guess no one speaks Terran around here. Draconic is such a dead language, he thinks bitterly. He does lower his crossbow, pointing it at the ground, yet ready to whip it out and fire at a moment's notice.

These creatures are likely outsiders from the Elemental Plane of Earth, or else infused with elemental power, he offers, despite knowing very little about extraplanar creatures.

I wonder if they know common.

Tokiwong

First Post
The rock-like creature steps back some from Bjorn, at his voice. It does not seem to understand what he is saying, and just looks at the half-elf curiously. Meanwhile the other creature just cocks its head at the half-orc.

Party makes a Listen Check; Jason got an 8, Drakor rolled a 6, Jalban got a 9, Kerrik got a 5, and Bjorn rolled a 7. Versus a Move Silent Check of 6.

The majority of the party outside of Kerrik looks up just in time to see a giant praying mantis, buzzing downward landing on the top of the mine, chattering loudly!

Lif shouts, “By Moradin’s beard!”

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bjorn looks at the insect with obvious interest. He will wiat to see what happens between the rocklings (That's what he's calling the stone elementals) and the Mantis.

ferretguy

First Post
Damn....sometimes I wish I would of stayed in the city...Jason readies his bow in case the thing attacks....also looks around in case any more may be coming...

Hammerhead

Explorer
Kerrik suppresses the numerous sarcastic comments he thinks as he watches his companions. Honored One? It's a stupid rock. Why is a stupid animate rock more honored than me? And isn't it pointless to ask if someone speaks a language in that language? Clearly, if he actually understood you...

Lim's shout and the sudden, frantic drawing of weapons by his companions brings Kerrik back to reality. He glances at the rocklings. What? What did they do?

Remove ads