Tome of Horrors: Golden Cat! My custom build

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
Hello,

I recently decided to take a look at an old monster I had once thought about running. The monster is located on Page 330 of the Tome of Horrors, and is known as a Golden Cat. Now way back in my first days on DMing I thought that running this monster would be a great idea. Thank god I never actually ran the thing because I honestly think that its terrible. The only person who gets any form of benefit from it is the owner and its expensive taste is ridiculous! I have used this monster as a template and created my own version which I will list below. Please feel free to use it at your discretion. You may find that this custom build does not suit your needs, but I promise its better than whats in the book!

GoldenCat: Custom CR1
400 XP
N Small (Adult)/Tiny (Kitten); Magical Beast
Init +2; Dark/Lowlight Vision 60ft; Perception +6(Scent)

AC15; Touch 13; Flat Footed 13 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural, +1 Size)
HP11 (2 d10)
Fort+3; Ref+5; Will+1

Speed20ft; Climb 10ft
MeleeBite +5 (1 d4+0); 2 Claws +5 (1 d3+0)
SpecialAbilities Magical Luck

Str10, Dex15, Con10, Int8, Wis12, Cha12
BaseAtk+2; CMB+0; CMD12
FeatsWeapon Finesse
SkillsAcrobatics+2 (+10 balancing or jumping), Climb +10,
Perception+6, Stealth +10; Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics
whenbalancing or jumping, +4 Stealth. The golden cat uses
itsDexterity modifier for Climb checks.
LanguagesCommon(cannot speak); telepathy 100 ft.

Environment unknown
Organization solitary
Treasure none

MagicalLuck: Solong as the Golden Cat is traveling with the party Players are allowed one re-roll per session. This re-roll may only be applied to D20 rolls.

AlignmentRestriction:[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Golden Cats value kindness and good deeds above all else. A Golden Cat will only select an owner who it believes has good intentions. The Cat's owner has an alignment restriction of Any Good.[/FONT]

Description: This rare species of feline has bright yellow fur that shimmers like polished gold. Its large lime green eyes convey a deep desire for love and friendship. It's fluffy fur is warm to the touch and comforts those who are sad or afraid.This rare species is highly sought after for its deep connection to magical energy, allowing Magical Luck to be bestowed upon its owner and his/her companions.

Last edited:

Remove ads