• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Touch spells and persist. (3.5)

Alexander123

First Post
When you cast touch spells on yourself, does the range of the spell change to personal? I want to know whether I can apply persist to it then or not.

Armando

First Post
As I understand it the range the spell can be cast doesn't change, only your target. You are in essence making a touch attack on yourself, which you allow to happen.

Alexander123

First Post
Another question then, if you apply reach spell to a spell with a range of touch and then cast that spell on yourself can you persist the spell or does the reached spell have to be cast on a target other than you to qualify as having a "fixed range"?

Empirate

First Post
Touch spells affected by the Reach spell metamagic feat are eligible for persisting.

Target and Range entries are separate, very general features of a spell. Every spell whose Range entry is either 'personal', or gives a fixed amount of feet, is eligible for persisting. This is true regardless of what target you choose to cast the spell at.

Remove ads