D&D 5E Tracy & Laura Hickman Announce Skyraiders of Abarax

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece. Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not...

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece.

Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not sure whether that's significant.

"Tracy & Laura Hickman's first adventure world since Dragonlance ... coming to AD&D 5E through Kickstarter this fall! Join us in the creation of Sky-high Fantasy discovered through magical books brought to life our unique 'Living Tome System'."

sky.jpg

There's also a couple of other art pieces floating about on social media.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg

clearstream

(He, Him)
Lovely looking project! But for the life of me, I'm not parsing this sentence:

"On dragon’s sylph to find our lost way back
To that mythic place called home."

Probably just a brain hiccup, but I can't figure out what "on dragon's sylph" means here.
To me it implies that their ships are kept aloft either by the spirit of a dragon, or a spirit controlled or taken from a dragon.

The mythic home thing allows each encountered location to be new to the wanderers, i.e. not their home. It's the kind of design move you might make where you wanted an open-ended adventure path, with a series of disparate locations.

Remove ads

Remove ads