TRAILBLAZER - PDF Release - Discussion/Questions/Errata

GlassJaw

Hero
Sorry if this is me not using my eyes properly, but the Wizard class description mentions bonus feats from the "wizard feat list."

Where can I find this list? Is it in another rulebook, like PF or a 3.5 PHB?

Thanks!

The wizard bonus feat list is comprised of all item creation and metamagic feats (just like it was in the SRD). The only difference is that Trailblazer allows the wizard to take any feat from this list at 1st level and not just Scribe Scroll.

Wulf and I fixed this today. ;)

joela

First Post
fixed

Glassjaw, are you and Wulf planning to release an updated version (with all said fixes, corrections, etc.) of the pdf in the (near) future? Or will it all be in the print edition? Or errata on the Badaxe Games website?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Glassjaw, are you and Wulf planning to release an updated version (with all said fixes, corrections, etc.) of the pdf in the (near) future? Or will it all be in the print edition? Or errata on the Badaxe Games website?

I'll upload the new file to RPGnow, they will let you know that an updated file is there, and you can download the new file at your leisure.

random.brown

First Post
The wizard bonus feat list is comprised of all item creation and metamagic feats (just like it was in the SRD). The only difference is that Trailblazer allows the wizard to take any feat from this list at 1st level and not just Scribe Scroll.

Thanks! I'm new to the 3.5/D20 system so I've not sure what an "SRD" is, but I did find the right feats now.

Cheers

DanFor

First Post
I am profoundly impressed with your new product, Trailblazer. The mathematical analyses were very enlightening, and the revisions to the 3E rules that you made based on those analyses were right on the money. Although it doesn't have the lavish illustrations or the comprehensiveness that Paizo's Pathfinder RPG has, I believe that Trailblazer may actually be a more useful product for a lot of us 3.5 holdouts. Do you plan to publish any more Trailblazer products?

I only found out about Trailblazer because it was listed as a topseller on RPGNow. They are currently charging only $4.95 for 157 pages of pure win! I haven't felt this lucky since I purchased Necromancer Games' revised Tome of Horrors pdf for $7.99.

Thank you very much. I wish you much success.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I am profoundly impressed with your new product, Trailblazer. The mathematical analyses were very enlightening, and the revisions to the 3E rules that you made based on those analyses were right on the money.

Thank you. We are very happy with Trailblazer around here, not only for the reception to our hard work, but also because we're just really jazzed to play it.

Do you plan to publish any more Trailblazer products?

Yes, I do.

I only found out about Trailblazer because it was listed as a topseller on RPGNow. They are currently charging only $4.95 for 157 pages of pure win! I haven't felt this lucky since I purchased Necromancer Games' revised Tome of Horrors pdf for $7.99.

"They" are only charging $4.95 because that's what I set the price at. ;)

I am really very happy that you find it valuable.

In, fact, if I may-- a couple of points.

I wanted to put as low a price on it as I could that would not devalue the work. I would be happy to give it away for free, if I could, provided that I knew it was going to people who actually wanted it. I have not refused a free copy to anyone who has asked me, and at the same time-- if I may presume-- I think that folks who have purchased it for its current low "Threshold of Interest" price may actually be happier, in a "pleasantly surprised" way, than folks who got it for free. I hope that makes sense and that I am not off the mark.

And actual purchases help me to fairly judge the reception of the product and whether or not any further work would be appreciated.

They also help, of course, to offset the costs involved in producing the work, and so I am appreciative of every purchase. My costs were not significant, judged against the amount of money I am willing to spend on a hobby that I love-- but there is some new art that I commissioned specifically for the work, some artwork from Grim Tales that I paid to use again (my freelance artists keep all their own copyrights, as it should be), and, yes, some clip art. And perhaps $100 worth of new fonts on top.

So thanks to everyone for your support.

I am profoundly impressed with your new product, Trailblazer. The mathematical analyses were very enlightening, and the revisions to the 3E rules that you made based on those analyses were right on the money. Although it doesn't have the lavish illustrations or the comprehensiveness that Paizo's Pathfinder RPG has, I believe that Trailblazer may actually be a more useful product for a lot of us 3.5 holdouts.

I happen to agree. I like the Trailblazer versions of the classes better than the Pathfinder ones and I like many of the rule revisions over similar changes made by Pathfinder. This is the best $4.95 I have ever spent on a gaming product.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
You know you folks could review the product over at RPGnow.com.

When I get the new PDF up, I'll make sure the preview opens (not sure what happened there...) but in the meantime, Trailblazer is doing well solely on word of mouth. It has no preview and no reviews...

Remove ads