Transformers

jezter6

Explorer
Just got back from watching the movie. I'm fired up like nobody's business. I doubt I'll fall asleep in the next 2 hours or so.

All I can say was: AWESOME!

The tongue in cheek comedy was interesting, special effects were great but bordering on a little too much.

Wow!

Oh, and since when was a Pontiac Solstice ever part of the frickin Autobots? :/

horacethegrey

First Post
Well, I just got back from watching this. And I just have two words:

GUILTY PLEASURE

This movie won't win any awards except on technical grounds, and drama wise it falls flat on it's face. It doesn't even bother taking it's story seriously, despite the whole premise of an invasion by nasty alien robots.

That said, I can honestly say I wasn't bored, not by a long shot. For one, the transformers look incredible. True, those designs may look silly in static poses, but in motion they are a sight to behold. The action scenes too are very well done, despite the usual Bay bombast.

Oh, and Optimus Prime rules. No question. :D

Anyway, I'd post a more detailed review, but I'd have to go into spoilers for that. Since many of you haven't watched it yet, I'll refrain from doing so and post it some other time.

Acid_crash

First Post
To use spoilers now would be a great injustice towards those of us who have not seen the movie yet and I do feel that your life would be in great jeopardy should you choose to use spoilers before the 4th of July... ;)

Until then, just say the movie is awesome, and nothing else.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
horacethegrey said:
Well, I just got back from watching this. And I just have two words:

GUILTY PLEASURE

That seems to be the basic critic's response to the film, too. With 48 reviews in, the thing is running at 67% on the tomatometer, which is surprisingly high. I think if I go to the movie expecting to see a romp of big honkin' robots slugging it out, I won't be disappointed.

Remove ads