• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Treasure

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
Just so we're totally clear:

All of the treasure on this list was pulled from the rubble of the Cleansed Tower. None of it was from anywhere else - Anders had absolutely no treasure with him: all of the chests that you so studiously avoided destroying were filled with drakespowder - and a few had an upper layer of coins, most of which was lost in the subsequent explosion.
So nothing came from those dead things we killed or those we captured.
And if everything was pulled from the rubble of a tower we controlled aren't we kind of taking from our own.....?

The_Universe said:
Subsequent Explosion? I'm sure you're asking. Somehow, the things detonated even after you left. The Noble's council was damaged, and the exchequers office is definitely a mess. Nobody really asked, so I forgot to remind you of that. Repairs are in progress (even though no one's really meeting at the Noble's Council).
Since I thought it was taken care (fire extingushed and then frosted over to cool) I'm not surprised no one asked :p but good to know.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
So nothing came from those dead things we killed or those we captured.
And if everything was pulled from the rubble of a tower we controlled aren't we kind of taking from our own.....?
The dead did not have treasure of note - while they certainly had some loot, assume that that kind of thing was taken to defray costs for repairs, while you (the heroes of the day) were given access to some of the more interesting and powerful items. Some of the items (particularly the helm of brilliance and the staff of power) must have been hidden somewhere in the Tower, because none of the mages knew of their existence. Both are almost 1000 years old, by expert's estimate.

Since I thought it was taken care (fire extingushed and then frosted over to cool) I'm not surprised no one asked :p but good to know.
Yeah - not a matter of your oversight. There was no way (that you can think of) that they could have detonated accidently. However, a relatively simple spell like Flare could still have easily have detonoted the whole thing. Experts in the area estimate that it happened not long after you left.

I just forgot to say. Sorry. :)

Laurel

First Post
WAHOOO we have experts running around!!!

:) Sorry it was just really funny to read since I am currently deal with expert witness issues :)

The_Universe said:
The dead did not have treasure of note - while they certainly had some loot, assume that that kind of thing was taken to defray costs for repairs, while you (the heroes of the day) were given access to some of the more interesting and powerful items. Some of the items (particularly the helm of brilliance and the staff of power) must have been hidden somewhere in the Tower, because none of the mages knew of their existence. Both are almost 1000 years old, by expert's estimate.

Kennon has told me that we are certain that the Helm and the Staff were made specifically for their namesakes.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Kennon has told me that we are certain that the Helm and the Staff were made specifically for their namesakes.
That would seem to be the implication, yes. The experts can't confirm that with 100% certainty, but their names and how they were found would STRONGLY suggest that.

Remove ads